Question on breeding -

Discussion in 'Mini Mania' started by kelebek, Jan 21, 2009.

1. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I have a doe/doeling, Twilight, that will be 1 year in early May. She is a nice size girl and I have bred her twice, (21 days apart,now to Blue. Both times I saw her hunch and Blue "finish".

Well, when Abba came home, I put him in with the girls - and you guessed it - she was in heat again this morning, being bred and hunching.

What do you all think. I was supposed to blood test her this weekend for pregnancy - should I go ahead and test just in case that she might just be a hootchie??

2. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Hmmm. I would probably wait. . . .

3. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I am wondering since I would take Blue in - if she just hadn't gone into full ovulation or something..... ???? This time she is in with Abba - so all day all night - he will get her the full cycle.....

4. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I hope she decides to settle! Ya know it is possible to have her kid with 2 different sires?

She was probably bred on that first heat and is just a "hootchie" as you called her. Boy are you in for a hairpulling time with her when she does decide to freshen.

5. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    no doubt - good news is - is that I will have exact dates to watch for and will know exactly who the sire would be.

I think I will test her just in case - cause her back end always looked "poofy"

6. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    see....having dates to go by is awesome...so you'll just have a "little" bald spot!

7. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    After finding the grey hair standing straight up in the very front in the middle of my forehead - a little bald spot will fit in nicely - :ROFL: :ROFL:

8. HollowbeadRanch

HollowbeadRanch New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    NW Alabama
    :ROFL: :ROFL: you two crack me up!

I think if you want to test her (and are testing anyways) then I would go ahead... what could it hurt? :shrug: I hope she did settle for you! :greengrin: