Question on breeding_She's in heat!

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by Idahodreamer, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Idahodreamer

Idahodreamer Senior Member

Sorry, I was in a rush. :oops:
    I am picking up Nellie (Recorded Grade Lamancha) on the 29th.
    We both don't know when she had her previous heat cycle before we put her in with the lady's Lamancha buck. She will have been in with him for 20 days when I bring her home, but the lady didn't see her in heat, ever. . .

Do you think she's one of those silent cyclers or is it possible she is done for the season?
    Am I over stressing it? Was 20 days enough time with the buck?
    :whatgoat:

2. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    Re: Question on breeding

its possible she is.. my lamancha kabooki was super quiet this year, but she got bred in 18 days along with 4 other does, so its highly possible

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

they cycle every 18-21 days usually

4. Idahodreamer

I am hoping He got her. I really want these babies! Cross your fingers for me.

5. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Member

Oct 19, 2009

Fingers crossed! :D

6. Idahodreamer

Thanks, Shell. :)
    New developement--- well, just like a goat to come into heat right before she comes home. :roll:
    Hopefully he will 'get the job done' in the time they have left which would be until 3:00 pm tomorrow. . . .

7. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Okay, fingers crossed again :D lol

8. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    shouldnt be an issue now that she is in heat :) Bucks know what to do

9. Idahodreamer

LOL thankyou :hi5:
    yeah Stacy, I am so glad she came into heat on Heather's farm instead of mine! That would have been a mess! The nearest Lamancha breeders are 2 1/2 hours away and no one around here has purebred stock. So I am happy. :)
    Here's to June 29 kids! :cheers:

10. You should be fine. Truth be told I have seen very few of my does get bred when the buck is with them, but every year we have kids. HEHE

11. Idahodreamer

I always leave the buck in there for the entire three days, so I wasn't sure if there was a certain day they take or not. . . .
    :D super excited about these babies! Pedigree is plastered with both CH. Nubian and Lamancha lines. :leap:

12. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

well yes a doe can be in heat for 3 days but stanidng heat is only for 24 hours. So if she is in heat and the breeder was noticing this then more then likely it was a standing heat (thats more prominent)

13. Idahodreamer

Then I'm all good. :)
    :wave: Hey, Lord, :pray: I want a doeling please. . . non of those huge single bucklings...