Question on preggy doe

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by RunAround, May 28, 2008.

1. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Well I don't think Anna is due until the 14th of June but there is a slight chance she could be due the 31st of May. Her back end is really open and has been for a while. Is this ok/normal? She has had white discharge a lot so, its impossible to keep her tail clean for more than a day or two. She is so fat and unhappy. She might not look fat in the pics but she seems so tight she might burst!

[​IMG]
    Here she is saying, "please get them out!" Ignore the hay on her head. lol
    [​IMG]

2. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    I had a little girl that her "cha cha" looked like that for about 6 weeks before she kidded. So yes it can be normal. By her udder I would say the earlier date is a pretty safe bet - but what the heck do i know - :ROFL:

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    well they can be that open for a month or more before kidding, had that happen on a couple of my does this year.

But if she has that possible due date.......of course you won't be sleeping anyway because of Boots just check a peak at Anna from time to time ;)

4. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Thanks, just wanted to make sure that was ok. Sometimes her cha cha is open like that and sometimes its closed. Guess it has something to do with how the kids are arranged in there? :shrug:

Ha ha ha They have me going crazy! :hair: Holding to the does code of honor for sure! Both Boots and Anna still have ligs tonight, so I will try to get some sleep.

I hope Anna gives me some pink since she gave me two boys last year.

5. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Well hows she doing?? I didn't see any birth announcement so I assume she's still holding on to those :girl: :girl:

6. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Oh Anna is still holding onto those kids! Ligs are solid so I really don't think I will be seeing any babies from her till at least her due date. :sigh: She likes to keep me jumping by doing all sorts of preggy goat things! :GAAH:

7. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Sometimes they will be open before they kid, especially if the kids are big or if they have a lot of kids in there. I hope she doesn't make you wait to long :) I'd say the 14th is more likely though since her ligs and belly aren't sunken that much in the pics, and her udder isn't overly huge.

8. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    WOW, I thought for sure you would say that you have kids. I have to agree, I had a doe look like that for a while also.
    How is her bag looking? What about her ligs?
    Keep us posted. Looks like she is going to make you :hair: pull your hair out.

She looks like she is a very sweet girl, and i bet :girl: :girl:

9. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    Ligs are rock solid. Her bag still needs to fill. She had a huge udder as a first freshener, not the best looking but she milked over 4 cups a milking. I can't wait to see what she is like as a second freshener. She is my first doe and the sweetest. Loves to stand for wither scratches and is awesome on the milking stand. Ooo I can't wait for kids. Hopefully she has some :girl: :girl: in there cause if she does I will be keeping one!

I hope she goes before or after the 14th since I just signed one of my guys up for a show. (Stupid thing to do since she will now go that day! :ROFL: )

10. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    She's a pretty doe! Hope you get your twin doelings!!!! :D