The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know how you handle selling goats that stay at your farm til they are weaned. Such as, do you allow the buyer if they live close enough to come and visit until they are ready to go. If the distance is to great do you take pictures and send them so the new owner can watch how they grow. Just curious on how the sales are handled in this aspect. Would like as many views as possible. Also visits would be arranges ahead of time at the sellers convience..

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
I have people come out whenever is Convientant for the both of us.
Also when buying an animal, I usually go there every possible day so I can watch them grow AND bond. A bond is better.
I would rather someone come then just get pictures so I can see how they treat eachother but if it's too much of a ride, I'd send pictures.
When I buy animal I do send pictures to the previous owner or bring it over to them so they can see their old baby:)

·
Super Moderator
58,146 Posts
I agree. Whatever works for you and the buyer. Make sure it is pleasant for both of you. You don't want to be stuck with someone stopping by daily or expecting pictures on a very frequent basis but if you put out the guidelines, it should be fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts