questions about an old goat

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by Dreamchaser, Feb 19, 2009.

1. Dreamchaser

Dreamchaser New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Camp Verde, AZ
    I have an old pygmy, who I think must be about 12 now. How old do these guys live typically? He has gotton to the point where I have to feed him seperately, or he won't eat. He doesn't want to fight for his share of the feed any more, and I am afraid he will not be with me much longer. He is a sweet old thing, a little skittish (always was), though friendly. He still enjoys a good scratch now and then.

He is still in good spirits, so I'm not real worried. Though I know he is showing his age, and his needs have changed a little. I'm just wondering if there are any speculations on how long he may live now.

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    you know ...no one really knows....some give you... how many years they are suppose to live, but, I feel it all depends on the love and special care ...you give to them....the better nutrition/ care you give .... they can live for a very long time......If the older goat needs to be fed separate I would do that...can't blame him for getting tired of fighting for the food ...he is older now and it hurts to be slammed. Just keep babying and loving him and he should live a longer life. :wink:

sometimes we never know....some don't make it out of the womb alive...this older guy.. has lived a pretty good life so far.....good job.... :thumbup:

how is his teeth?