The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I've been thinking about getting a lamancha for a while and when I found an ad with cute pics I went to pick up the one I liked in the pic but she didnt look at all like the pic. I was thinking a 7-8 month old lamancha would be kind of big alteast compared to my pygmies and Nigerians . But the one I went to get was very small and skinny/bony . The other female that was also there is supposedly her twin sister. After seeing the conditions they were in I couldn't leave either of them .after getting them loaded a little nigerian buck peeped his head around the corner too. I have a bigger heart than a brain sometimes :) and even though the last thing I needed was another buck ,I couldn't leave him either. But what I would like to know if its possible that the 2 girls are twins even though one has no ears and one has elf ears and the big size difference or is it most likely a lie? Are they standard lamanchas or mini manchas? Also he said that the brown one is possibly preggers which I'm hoping she's not, does her pooch look possibly preggers?

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Vertebrate Working animal Fence Goat Mammal
I wormed , dosed them with baycox and copper bolused them hopefully with lots of love and good food the little white one will be in better condition in no time:)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
The white one is about knee high and I'm guessing about 30-35 lbs and the other is a pretty good bit taller and prob 50-55 lbs. was told that they were weaned from bottle in June so I was guessing on their age.
......So since one has elf ears does that mean she is mixed? I'm clueless about lamanchas:)

·
Registered
7,618 Posts
The white one is about knee high and I'm guessing about 30-35 lbs and the other is a pretty good bit taller and prob 50-55 lbs. was told that they were weaned from bottle in June so I was guessing on their age. ......So since one has elf ears does that mean she is mixed? I'm clueless about lamanchas:)
I'm thinking mini mancha's then. My Nubian/Lamancha's that I used to have had elf ears like the one, so yeah she's probably mixed with something else.

·
Super Moderator
32,171 Posts
No not necessarly mixed..Lamancha can have both elf (longer) and gopher (shorter)
They do seem to be different ages...the white one still has that kid like face, kind of round and poochy lol where the dark one a more mature look..more narrow face...
This is just a guess of course, you can certaily have siblings that look totally different from each other..but these two look very different imo...both are however adorable..and the reason I stop going to sale barns and craiglist lol..I too am a sucker for a cute face...
Lets hope the brown one is not pregnant, she is much too small...

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
The buck and the bigger brown one seem pretty healthy but the little white one just seems quite skinny and malnourished but all 3 eye lids look great. The 2 girls are just the sweetest and friendliest little goats:) the 3 goats + a baby sheep+ 5 big dogs+and a horse were all being kept together in a tiny fenced in yard covered in trash. They act like they've never had hay or feed before:( I named the big one Cinnamon and the little white on Bella:) the little buck still needs a name.

·
Registered
7,618 Posts
No not necessarly mixed..Lamancha can have both elf (longer) and gopher (shorter) They do seem to be different ages...the white one still has that kid like face, kind of round and poochy lol where the dark one a more mature look..more narrow face... This is just a guess of course, you can certaily have siblings that look totally different from each other..but these two look very different imo...both are however adorable..and the reason I stop going to sale barns and craiglist lol..I too am a sucker for a cute face... Lets hope the brown one is not pregnant, she is much too small...
I did not know that from the elf ears... Thanks:)

·
Super Moderator
32,171 Posts
yes she is adorbale!! and tiny!!

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I agree they do look a little rough:( and they haven't been tested. I didn't get all the details before I went to see them . I only seen a picture of the white one and she looked good and healthy and it was my plan to only get her but when I got there and found out how she really looked and seen the other 1 and the conditions that they were in and how they were being kept I felt sooo sorry for them and couldn't leave them behind. Then the buck come around the corner and looked at me with his pretty blue eyes like he was begging to get the heck out of there too.so I just took all the goats that they had to try to help them to have a better life.i believe that every animal deserves a chance at a good life and to be loved even if they arent the prettiest or the best goats in the world.I'm pretty sure if I had to live in a tiny yard with no food and surrounded by trash and swamp water I would look rough too:)

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.