The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bred a doe Monday and yesterday she came back into heat.. I had the buck breed her again when she was in heat but I was kind of curious about it all.

If she came back into heat after 21 days obv that would mean she didn't take. But, after five days does that mean the breeding didn't take? I know this is a dumb question but The not knowing is bothering me! Lol

·
Registered
14,606 Posts
To be honest I would still write down a due date for all 3. I have had does that were bred one day about a month later. I crossed out the first date and wrote the second date down just to have kids born in the pasture a month before the due DAT I thought was right. I have learned with these odd little animals its better safe then sorry.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To be honest I would still write down a due date for all 3. I have had does that were bred one day about a month later. I crossed out the first date and wrote the second date down just to have kids born in the pasture a month before the due DAT I thought was right. I have learned with these odd little animals its better safe then sorry.
I have them both written down. ;) Hopefully in 21 days her and my other one won't come back in heat.. Fingers crossed!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts