Quick Q

Discussion in 'Goat Management' started by RowdyKidz, Dec 30, 2009.

1. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    I had a doe that was due early April resorb/abort earlier this month and she just came back into heat. How soon can I rebreed her? I want to make sure she's okay before re-breeding. Wormed her and gave her some CD/T just wondering when she can be re-bred.

2. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    if she was only 1-2 months pregnant, you can breed her now, i think anything longer than that I would give her some rest.

3. GotmygoatMTJ

GotmygoatMTJ New Member

If shes in good physical condition, good body weight, then I think it would be ok to breed her again.

We had a doe abort in September who was due in November. She had a pretty tough time with it but now shes in good body condition. This doe has always been in great condition. She was fat and sassy while raising her kids and she was fat,sassy, and absolutely glossy when we weren't giving her any grain for drying her off to breed. We don't do that anymore, because they need the grain, but she was just absolutely fit as a fiddle.
    She is in with a buck right now and is just now coming into heat.

I think if you gave your doe extra supplements, like Nutridrench 2x a week just for a boost I think that would be good. :]

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    she is safe to breed in my opinion

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I agree ...if she is healthy .... she can be bred any time.... :wink: :greengrin:

6. I whatever number that. She is fine. At times it can take more then once for them to really settle. You are fine.

7. RowdyKidz

RowdyKidz Senior Member

Apr 2, 2009
    NW Ohio
    Okay, thanks guys. I was really worried about her as she is the only doe left from this line (dam and sire) so she is really special to me. :wink: