quick question...

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by goatygoatsrule, Apr 13, 2010.

1. goatygoatsrule

goatygoatsrule New Member

Feb 25, 2009
    New Jersey
    My doe kidded :leap: yesterday with twins :kidblue: 4lbs 6oz :kidred: 3lbs 9oz...they were doin good and sucklying really well. then last night she wouldnt snuggle with them so we locked them a small sized house so they could all snuggle together...this am all were doin good and the kids were wrestling eating well...so i went out again a little while later and the boy was sucklying great but the little girl was just standing there not really following momma around but the boy is gettin into everything. I reweighed them both and the :kidblue: is 4lbs 9oz and the :kidred: is 4lbs 2oz so they both gained weight...so should i worry about the little girl not getting enough milk...i was kinda thinkin if it came down to it that i would milk momma and supplement the girl with a few feedings...
    Momma has raised 3 kids before with out any problems and she cleans both and goes up the girl and pushes her with her nose and grunts at her... :whatgoat:
    thanks for the help and sorry its so long :angel2:

2. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Congrats on the new babies... :greengrin:

The weight gain... indicates... she must be suckling ...when you aren't looking, feel her tummy.... if it is full ...she is getting enough.... if it is empty ...she needs to be supplemented.... :wink: :hug:

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    is her tummy full? some goats wont eat when you encourage them to but will eat on their own.

is mom being nasty to her or is she just nusseling her =?

4. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    What do you mean by mom is not snuggle with them? My does and babies do not always lay next to each other. Like the other said, feel the tummy, see if it feels like something is in there, or is she sunk in, and hollow? With the weight gain I am sure she is eating.

Now we need pictures. :leap:

5. goatygoatsrule

goatygoatsrule New Member

Feb 25, 2009
    New Jersey
    sorry it took so long to answer all kinds of babies...the goats chicks n ducklings...so back to the goats...i reweighed them tonite before I put everybody to bed they both gained 1oz...when i locked them up for the nite she started suckling in front of me so she might have been all the time but not like the little boy he eats so much momma steps away for a min and he chases her down...i been told im a worry wart cuz ive been out so many times to check on them :shades: but theyre just so darn cute i couldnt help it... :angel2: thanks for the super quick replys guys!!!! im gonna keep a weight record and belly checks for the next few days to keep up with them!

6. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    It's OK being a worry wart...no problem there ...because I am one to... :wink: :D

Sounds like everyone is doing OK...feed some nutra drench to the little doeling ..it will help boost appetite ....also you could give Vit B complex shot IM ... in which will also stimulate appetite..... to give her a good boost... :wink: :greengrin: