Quick website question

Discussion in 'Mini Mania' started by ProctorHillFarm, Mar 25, 2009.

1. ProctorHillFarm

ProctorHillFarm New Member

Earlier today I did some editing to my website and created a bunch of buttons to pages- it was working earlier on my browser and my web program, and tonight Im getting boxes with little red x's in them. Im curious to see if this is my internet acting wacky- or if the buttons are malfunctioning.
    Could anyone go on my site and see if the buttons on my sale page work- there should be one for a kidding schedule, kids for sale, bucks for sale, does for sale, and sale terms.....http://www.proctorhill.com/sales.htm
    :shrug:
    Thanks! :greengrin:

2. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    It dosen't show anything. :shrug:

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    * Home
    * Bucks
    * Senior Does
    * Junior Does
    * Kidding Schedule
    * Sales
    * Contact
    * Guestbook
    * Calendar

All of them are working for me ...NP :greengrin:

4. ProctorHillFarm

yeah- those work
    I was curious to the buttons on my sales page- there should be specific buttons for does for sale- bucks for sale- etc
    Im getting a box with little red x's where the buttons should be

Sigh-I hate that- I had to have spent an hour and a half creating those and the links that go with them today....bla

5. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  6. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    comes up as X 's for me too

7. HummelHill

HummelHill Member

Aug 7, 2008
    Montville OH
    The links do work, but they just show up as the little boxes with red x's. So you can't see what each link is for....

8. ProctorHillFarm

thats what I was afraid of

Okay- working on the buttons now- I think i copied and pasted the buttons from the program I was using instead of saving the file- so I think the cache cleared and lost my button info
    remaking the buttons and saving the files to the computer- Ill be back in a few! :)

9. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    that would make sense

10. ProctorHillFarm

Okay- got the buttons back up- they show up on my end- what about yours?

I DID not re-create the hyperlinks to go to the pages- I just wanted to get all the buttons back there first- next step will be making them into links...

Thanks guys! :cool:

11. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
  12. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  13. ProctorHillFarm

woohoo- all the links should work now too

Yay- thanks again for the help :greengrin:

14. toth boer goats

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    your welcome ...and yes ...they all do work... :wink:

good job :greengrin:

15. kannm

kannm New Member

Mar 18, 2009
    This is not about the links, but you don't have a location on your website (that I could see). I have no idea where you are located (not even the state).

16. ProctorHillFarm

It is written on the home page but It should be more clear :)
    Ill work on that!
    Thanks for the advice :)

17. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Over all it looks really nice :) I was wondering about this stated metn though
    "Bucks will not be available from First Fresheners does. "

Why is this?

18. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    also I hate to be a pain but when you click on the forsale buttons they open as new windows. It is rather frustrating to have like 3 pages open for one website. When you click on "kids for sale" it opens a whole new browser that then has "doe kids" "buck kids" "wether kids" and each one of those opens in a new window. Personally I dont like that in a website. What you can do is create a link BACK to the previous page like "back to Kids for sale" Its personal preference but I thought I would mention it.

I like how organized it is :thumb:

19. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin
    I like that you added where you are from. I wish you were closer, I really like IO

20. ProctorHillFarm

rebel- I think its sort of a common practice to not offer bucks from FF does- unless there is a FF udder that is FANTASTIC, I like to see a second freshening to see how they improve, or not.

For instance I had a FF last year that I really really like- this year with a second freshening and more capacity her udder did not hold up, her attachments and medial were not strong enough for the extra capacity, so she was sold as a family milker :)

There are always trips going back and forth- maybe transport could be arranged for IO - Ill give ya a G.S discount! :wink:

Thanks for that note stacy- I have the option to open the page in a new window- I should disable that, I see what your saying!
    Its been a big work in progress and figuring out the program and all the little extra's I can do, but its finally getting there. Now I just need to work on some really good pictures.

Thanks for all the comments- I appreciate the feedback! :thumbup: