The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for an idea on what is either available on the market, or is a homemade, quiet, durable, light, hunter friendly pannier. I have been thinking about cotton canvas or leather, but both have draw backs.

Let me know what you think,
Doug

·
Premium Member
435 Posts
We found an odd product at the army navy store. They had a heavy green leather mens XL vest that were used for paint ball fights. The vest were $12. The leather was quiet and very durable. A silicon spray was used for water proofing. I took them apart and made panniers with them. A person maybe able to find a product like this by searching ebay for paint ball vest or the army navy stores. I have also made them out of men's heavy wool pants. I have never made large volume panniers with these products. These are my scouting packs when I want the boys quiet and mobile. It is a tricky getting goats through the timber bow hunting and not setting off elk alarms with unusual noises.
IdahoNancy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.