The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11,199 Posts
Wow! A most I've had in my herd in quads but another Boer breeder here in CT did have quints born this year.

How were the birth weights on all of them? Be sure to weigh daily and introduce the bottle to all five today so they learn it early!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow! A most I've had in my herd in quads but another Boer breeder here in CT did have quints born this year.

How were the birth weights on all of them? Be sure to weigh daily and introduce the bottle to all five today so they learn it early!
They were 7,7,8,9, and 10. We pulled three of them to bottle feed. Mom is a doing well and we'll be watching weight gain.

·
Registered
11,199 Posts
They were 7,7,8,9, and 10. We pulled three of them to bottle feed. Mom is a doing well and we'll be watching weight gain.
Wow can't believe those weights! Keep up the hard work! Would love to see photos

·
Registered
603 Posts
Wowwww! All boys of course lol. I hope our goats never have that many at once. That’s a whole lotta goat for momma to be carrying. Glad everyone is healthy so far.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
She really wasn’t much larger than last year when she had triplets (about 10lbs each) so that’s what I was expecting again for her second kidding. She’s always good about eating minerals, but the last month I was constantly putting more out for her. I had her on 2 lbs of feed the last month and she still lost a little weight so I thought maybe quads. She is very thin now, eating a little feed and lots of good hay so we’ll make sure she gets some extra love. I’ll post a before and after pic.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts