Quite a Few Pictures

Discussion in 'Photogenic' started by capriola-nd, May 27, 2009.

1. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Here's a couple new pictures of some of our does. . . none of them are clipped but have lost most of their winter coat.

Here is Delais, a yearling born to our herd last June (some of you may remember her). Not in milk. She was sooo well-behaved for her photo session! Took me about 5 seconds to get her pictures done. Which side photo do you think I should put for our website? I'm kind of favoring the first one.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

One of my favorites, Bit O' Honey. She also behaved quite well. Her rump looks kind of short in this photo. . . she is not in milk.
    [​IMG]

And Prairie Wood Leah. She is not exactly my favorite conformation-wise, but actually looks a lot better after losing her winter fluff. Her head isn't so pretty. We found another good home for her after she weans her kids. We'll be retaining her daughter.
    [​IMG]

And one of our newest does, Poppy. Didn't behave very well for her photo session and I didn't have a collar that fit her very well. . . so, I don't care for any of her photos really.
    [​IMG]

2. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

Re: Quite a Few Pictures - Opinions Please

I like the last picture of your first doe. in all three of her pictures her legs arestretched a little too far back though.
    beth

3. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA

I agree with Beth...the last pic of Delais :thumbup:

Leah is a very pretty girl! And Miss Poppy will learn soon enough that her prettiness is best observed in "show" form.

4. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon

Oh, okay. My 14 year old sister was helping stack them while I took photos. . .we'll remember that. We actually didn't even really set up Delais, just grabbed her collar and she kind of set herself up. :shrug:

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

thats exactly what I was going to say.

if your does were clipped you would be much happier with them - believe me

6. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon

I am actually very happy with them, thanks. And I know they would look better clipped, just didn't the time to do it then. I am happy with their pictures. Poppy's was the only one that was not so great. . .

7. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    Oh, and I already added the photos to our website that I liked.

8. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

well thats good :thumb: I know I am extra criticle of my own goats till I see others goats and realize mine arent the only non perfect goats out there then i feel better.

9. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Tis the season to get goat photos! Ha! I need so bad to get busy with pictures. Maybe that'll be a job this weekend. I have clipped several and they look great. Haven't started kid clipping yet but that's coming soon too. I can't wait to set them up for pictures. Hope they cooperate. :D

10. grandmajo

grandmajo Member

Oct 14, 2008
    Pioneer, Ohio
    I think that your pics all look good. I can never get mine to stand still long enough, and my digital camera is really old and takes the pictures so slowly that they've moved by the time it gets the job done.

Very nice how the first doe sort of "posed" for you!