The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
9A678688-5D9F-48FF-9B70-6BFB1E1DDB31.jpeg
B99CF24A-762F-4E19-BEE6-64551BEF0378.jpeg
Shamrock is due today (was possibly due yesterday), and I can tell she wants them out. She has to try to adjust the babies and pee leaning to the side. Pictures are from yesterday. I feel body parts moving around in there. Sometimes you can see them kick. There isn't much change today so far. No goop yet. Udder is tight, but I bet it could grow more. Her sister, orange and white, I am concerned is NOT pregnant. She is about 10-12 days from kidding. Her vulva looks like it did months ago. No udder. She doesn't seem to have any interest in bucks, and I haven't noticed a definite heat cycle. She was really wooly this winter and has about an inch and a half of floof around her body making her look bigger. Any guesses on if she seems pregnant? If she doesn't have babies, I think we could handle adding a Nubian doeling or two to the farm this spring/summer which I am really looking forward to. No complaints if she doesn't pop out anything. Shamrock though! Super pregnant! We had 13 turkeys hatch over the past 24 hours, so I don't mind if she waits a few days to add her own kids in the mix.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Is the orange one an FF? At this point, if she has NO udder whatsoever, I'd guess she didn't settle. Shamrock is beautiful, I look forward to seeing who she has in there!

I'm jealous your turkeys are already hatching!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
image.jpg
They are both FF. The buck isn't as pretty looking but his dad was blond the front half of his body and brown the rest in a kind of ombré look. He's a sturdy guy! Jumps a 5 ft fence like Santa's reindeer. Hot wire fixed that. As for the turkeys, 2 hens have laid like 46 eggs total. Still laying...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts