R.I.P :(

Discussion in 'Meat Market' started by barrel/goatgirl, Jan 19, 2011.

1. barrel/goatgirl

barrel/goatgirl New Member

Aug 20, 2010
    I am sad to say, Cookie Monster had to be put down :( yesterday before i got home from school. he had been bloated the night before, but after we got him passing gas i was told not to worry about him. dad took him to the vet thinking he would just give him a shot or something, and the discovered his bladder had exploded... sad to say i had been feeling like i needed to be with him all day, and i came home and was told i would never see him again..... i had a wonderful close to eight months with him, and he did well for me. he always did what i asked him to and he was a good boy. woop wooop at least he got one more second place before he left me. and he helped me earn a first in showman ship. so we both came a long way, but it ended a month to soon.[attachment=1:16yltb0y]about to go in for showman.JPG[/attachment:16yltb0y][attachment=0:16yltb0y]DSC05401 (3).JPG[/attachment:16yltb0y]

Attached Files:

2. Robynlynn

Robynlynn New Member

Jan 18, 2011
    NW Iowa
    AWW so sorry, my favorite goat "Rocko" died this way. One thing my vet recommended was to feed my wethers and young bucks, lamb starter as it has ammonium cloride in it..this can help with urinary calculi. Now my "winter" feed contains it. Whatever the case, it is just too bad that this happend to your goat.. :hug:

3. Maggie

Maggie New Member

Nov 5, 2010
    Floyd, Va
    So sorry for your loss :(

4. nagismom

nagismom New Member

Sep 25, 2010
    northern ohio
    So, sorry for your loss. From the looks of things he was well loved. RIP Cookie monster may you be dancing on hay bales above.

5. Hush Hills Fainters

Hush Hills Fainters New Member

Oct 27, 2010
    Soooooo sorry for your loss.... :sigh:

6. lissablack

lissablack New Member

Nov 30, 2009
    I'm so sorry you lost your boy. I put ammonium chloride in my males' drinking water. A tiny bit.

Jan

7. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Oh no....that is so sad...I am so sorry ...you lost him... :( :hug:

8. barrel/goatgirl

Aug 20, 2010
    Thank you all so much.... my teachers understood today, and didnt ask me to say anything.. I got lucky and had a teacher I could talk to this year so I got to cry and vent in the middle of the hall during class... LOl!!!! I doodled a bunch of pics on my papers today.. I came up with one good out come of this.... He wont end up on someones holiday dinner plate like mickey did. so I guess that is better... pluse now mickey has a play mate to dancing on the hay bales with and they are both enjoying all the green grass and horse cookies they could imagine.

9. TinyHoovesRanch

TinyHoovesRanch New Member

Im so sorry....You totally made me cry :( Im so emotional when it comes to goats passing, I had a really bad 2010 year

10. HoosierShadow

HoosierShadow Senior Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Central Kentucky
    I am so sorry :( RIP Cookie Monster. I can imagine you are very upset, market whether or not, he was still your friend, and the way these lil four footed critters touch our hearts....wow I can't even put it into words.

11. barrel/goatgirl

Aug 20, 2010

feed them only lamb starter, or how much????

12. barrel/goatgirl

Aug 20, 2010

i think they are harder to lose then my cats would be. i couldnt say dogs but i can say cats.... they are just so much like dogs, when we walk he would let me get a few feet away then come runnin and catch up... or on the way back towards the barn he would run a few yards ahead stop and call and wait for me.... i really dont know why i got another goat, or why i plan on getting another one when it is so hard in the end... but i love them while i have them. and one day i will see them again :angelgoat:

13. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I am so sorry for your loss. He is in Greener pastures now pain free hun. :hug: