Rabbit Color Help

Discussion in 'Other Pets' started by FourSnyders, May 24, 2009.

1. FourSnyders

FourSnyders New Member

Mar 28, 2009
    Ohio
    We are wondering what color one of the kits is. They are all otters and silver martens of some type, but one of them is a little lighter/browner than the blacks. I am wondering if he is a seal.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for the help!

The Snyders

2. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    yeah I think that's called a seal

3. Just Kiddin'

Just Kiddin' New Member

Nov 18, 2008
    Southern California
    It might be a seal. It's kind of hard to tell. Our Nethies and Mini Lops are all easy colors LOL. I know that Otters and Silver Martens aren't ARBA accepted colors yet for mini lops.
    Here's a link to a color guide that might help you. It comes in handy sometimes.
    http://www.geocities.com/hoppinherdofha ... guide.html

4. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I don't know the color....but I do know ....they are really cute.... :love: :greengrin:

5. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    its not a seal. it has a tan pattern and seals are solids

if the parents are otters and silver martens, its a marten ( if the belly/tan pattern are silver) or an otter ( if the belly/tan pattern is gold)

it looks like it could either be a chocolate marten or a sable marten.. but the pics dont show much colorwise.. if the brown color is shaded.. its a sable.. its looks like a chocolate marten

6. Just Kiddin'

Just Kiddin' New Member

Nov 18, 2008
    Southern California
    Yeah whatever color it is it's an agouti and seals are not agouti.

7. FourSnyders

FourSnyders New Member

Mar 28, 2009
    Ohio
    Seals are a non-showable color in Netherland Dwarfs, so I really hope he is not a seal. He is a silver marten of some sort.

8. Jenna

Jenna New Member

Jan 7, 2009
    I don't know but they are sure cute! :love:

9. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    its tan patterned.. so its NOT A SEAL!!

trust me... i'm working towards registrars.. and i know like.. all the wicked cool judges

i'm going with chocolate marten... or sable marten..

a better picture of just it would help alot

10. FourSnyders

FourSnyders New Member

Mar 28, 2009
    Ohio
    Maybe later tonight I can get a better picture of just him. His dam is a black otter and his sire is a black silver marten. He has the markings of a silver marten. SDK I am sorry about posting that a seal is non-showable I did not see your post right away about him not being able to be a seal. Anyhow, congrats on working towards your registrars! Thanks for all the help!

11. SDK

SDK New Member

Jun 26, 2008
    Yucaipa ca
    no prob.. lol.. i've been in arba for like 8 years.. i could have been a judge by now!!

I love my rabbits