The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
I lion head rabbits they are not to big and I also have 1 Californian, she is twice the size of my lion head buck, I am going to try an mate them I should get mid size babies. a few years back I had a Flemish Giant and a reg old mutt buck rabbit who was only half her size and I got babies that some were as big as mom, some as small as dad and some in the middle
hope this helps

·
1,062 Posts
Which rabbit is the doe? Breeding a bigger buck to a smaller doe you are taking a chance. 1 that she could have babied to big to deliver and all would die and she could get sick. Of course everything could be ok too. If the doe is the bigger one than there shouldn't be much of a problem.

·
Registered
326 Posts
dobe627 said:
Which rabbit is the doe? Breeding a bigger buck to a smaller doe you are taking a chance. 1 that she could have babied to big to deliver and all would die and she could get sick. Of course everything could be ok too.]If the doe is the bigger one than there shouldn't be much of a problem.
I agree with you there, my bucks are either a bit smaller or same size as my does

1 - 8 of 8 Posts