The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
4-H Secretary for Life ^.^
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My rabbit LOVES Yogies (droplets of yogurt mixed with other stuff)), I was wondering if there was anything healthier I could use to substitute it, possibly something I have/could make? Any ideas and tips would be great and helpful, thanks, and happy goating!

·
Super Moderator
59,218 Posts
What do you feed them now? Most lettuces are great for them. A little bit of fruit is fine. Parsley and cilantro are good. Carrots

·
Well, my username says it all... :)
2,751 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
824 Posts
Rabbits do not digest sugar well, so limit those Yogies! My bunny was about 3 pounds, so was allowed 3 raisins a day (and demanded them!). But fresh (flat) parsley, dandelion greens, of course good hard alfalfa cubes - helps wear down the teeth! It's funny someone mentioned Cilantro - my rabbit rejected it outright! Yanked the paper plate out from under it, and pushed the magically empty plate toward the fridge!

Kale can be good, just not too much. Miss Hoppy loved dinosaur kale every couple of weeks. Baby bok choy, and of course carrots - don't bother to peel them, just wash and put one out!

·
Registered
824 Posts
Yes, I should have mentioned that - the House Rabbit Society's website is http://rabbit.org

Iceberg lettuce, by the way, is not poisonous or anything, it is just empty of nutrition. A rabbit cannot live on iceberg alone, but a little bit from time to time wouldn't be too bad. Miss Hoppy wouldn't touch it, though. She was a discriminating bunny! And lived to age 11, good for a dwarf bunny!

·
4-H Secretary for Life ^.^
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
He gets grain all day long, and 4 handfuls of clover a day, with some occasional bread and lettuce. We have never given him iceberg. I'll have to try all these awesome suggestions, thanks! He usually only gets 2 yogies a day, although I have no idea how much he weighs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts