The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is Daisy. She is an adult New Zealand White and Rex cross. I have recently decided that I want to make sure all my “little animals” are as healthy as can be so have been weighing them, getting them good food, and giving them plenty of hay. Don’t worry, I wasn’t neglecting their health until now, I just haven’t been as focused on their little details until recently.

I’m having a hard time figuring out how much she should weigh. Looking up how much New Zealand’s and Rex’s weigh, I’m thinking shes underweight (she is about 6lbs). But she’s acting great, and when I read the directions on her feed I figured out I’ve been over feeding her. She gets a lot of exercise, she lives in a huge cage, and has a hideout filled with hay along with rabbit pellets and clean water. She will also get fruit and veggie scraps here and there.
Her fur is soft, without any white specks or anything (besides markings), and is super shiny. She’s very lively, but mostly likes to sit on your lap.

I just wanted to post a picture and explanation of her to show you rabbit folks out there and make sure I’m doing everything right.

·
Registered
Kinder Goat Breeder
3,627 Posts
Yeah I wouldn't worry too much about weight either especially since she's a cross. As long as she doesn't seem skinny, I wouldn't worry about it. She sure is cute. That white nose is just adorable.

You may already know about this site, but if you don't it's got a lot of really helpful information on it: https://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/rabbit-welfare-association-fund/

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I wouldn't worry too much about weight either especially since she's a cross. As long as she doesn't seem skinny, I wouldn't worry about it. She sure is cute. That white nose is just adorable.

You may already know about this site, but if you don't it's got a lot of really helpful information on it: https://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/rabbit-welfare-association-fund/
I love her nose, haha! And thank you, I haven't heard of that website but I'll check it out!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts