Race to the Finish

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by StaceyRosado, Apr 28, 2008.

1. Sweet Gum Minis

Sweet Gum Minis New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    Don't you hate those false alarms. Its like they know we're on edge and take full advantage of it! Sneakers!!!

2. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    You poor kid!! They know what they're doin' to ya too! :hair: Mine seem to know that when it's kidding season I sleep with the moniter next to my ear! Know how many times I woke up to a "grunt" and holler? Just to go up and see that someone was yanking my chain!

3. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    can I scream one more time ????

:GAAH:

4. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    You go right ahead....and make sure you wake your girls up too! See how they like it :ROFL:

5. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    :angry: I might just do that! :veryangry:

6. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    I know your pain. Anna's making me guess again... again... and again.... :scratch:

7. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Sweet Pea takes the lead

So I go out this morning not expecting much of a difference.....wait whats that? Sweet Pea again making lots of noise, ok nothing to alarming. But I can't resist the urg to check her before I dish out food. So I quickly catch her (first she and I have to go around the hay feeder a couple times - it is like a ritual :shrug: ) really? could it be? YES her ligaments are much softer! still can feel them but MUCH farther down. :wahoo:

So Ashely you were right. I checked her at midnight and her ligaments are firmly in place. This morning at 8:00 there was a distinct difference.

No discharge but that isn't abormal for my goats. very rarely do I see discharge before kidding.

8. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    I bet she'll lose those ligaments completely today by your evening feed and probably kid in the AM, hopefully not too early. Mine tend to want to do it early though. :hair: I like to sleep. ;)

9. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    tomorrow morning is fine. :D

I just dont' want her to kid this afternoon while i am at work. I have to work till 8:00 then I am babysitting till like 11:00

So I probably will bring the kids over with me after I pick them up from their activity and then check on her before putting them to bed. I of course will have my brother on kid watch while I am gone.

10. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Was able to come home and let my dogs out to potty and saw that Sw' P is still keeping you in suspense....will check back at 4 when I'm home for good. Long shift today...that's what it is when the school kids get hired...us "older" ones have to work twice as long til they are dismissed from school.

11. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    We are getting closer!

Left ligament is still where it was but the right is lower.

SP is talking a lot to me and wants me around.

She has a little amber colored mucus - seen in this picture
    http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g231/ ... 0th004.jpg

here is her udder
    http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g231/ ... 0th003.jpg

video of her talking to me - I looked over the wall because I thought i heard her pawing - didn't see the pawing though so I don't know for sure.
    picture:
    http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g231/ ... 0th020.jpg

[​IMG]

12. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    She sure is getting close!! C'mon Sweet Pea!!!! :cool:

13. LiddleGoteGurl

LiddleGoteGurl New Member

Nov 29, 2007
    WI
    Keep an eye on that girl.. she has the "look"! I love how silly they get right before they kid. C'mon Sweet Pea!

I will have to post my kidding "results" for you all soon ;). I have been so busy that I don't have time for anything :hair:

14. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    she doesn't want me to leave her! :shocked:

You would think she is my friendliest goat the way she is acting.

Still a small amount of amber discharge but not streaming.

Saw one contraction.

Came in to get a book and to update you all.

wireless doesn't reach to the goatshed. :(

15. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    She seems to be acting like Anna is too. Waiting and watching. Lots of fun huh? LOL

16. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    a couple more small contractions.

Her left ligament is still down there but her right is harder to feel. But they are way down there.

I showed my brother how far down they were and he knows to check on her every half hour or more.

Right now Aspen and Destiny are together in the back pen. Misty, FLicka, Jasper and Mia are in the big pen that is half finnished and SP is in the front pen with the big shelter.

When i am out there she stays in the shelter but if I am not out there she paces from inside to outside constantly.

It would be nice if she held off till tomorrow morning but I am not so sure she will.

I have been only staying out there with her because she wants me there.

17. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    here she standing next to me as i read her a book -- yes I was reading out loud to her as she wants me to talk to her.

Poor thing I hate that i have to leave her

Attached Files:

18. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Hopefully she will wait for you!!!!! She is sounding very very close though~

19. Sweet Gum Minis

Oct 6, 2007
    Easley, SC
    I think if she's close too. I hope she waits for you but she probably won't. Hoping for a smooth easy delivery!!!

20. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Stacey, she has dropped and her tail head has loosend also....as well as her udder being bigger....she may give you a few hours yet, she's not "peg legged" in the rear as of the last pic but as soon as she goes posty she'll have them in a few hours. :girl: :boy: