The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I have a question. I want to raise two breeds of goats, pygmys and boers and want to know can both be housed and fenced together, not many maybe 2 or 3 of each at the most....

·
2,203 Posts
Hey all, I have a question. I want to raise two breeds of goats, pygmys and boers and want to know can both be housed and fenced together, not many maybe 2 or 3 of each at the most....
Sure they can. I would recommend housing the bucks separate and in-hand breeding them.

·
Super Moderator
58,935 Posts
It usually depends on the goats. Also depends on age when you put them together. You have a higher chance of adult Boers bullying the Pygmies. If you start with adults.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I think so, just all depends on the goats. We have Pygmy, Nigerian & Kiko/boer :)

·
1,524 Posts
I had a mixed herd of Boers, ND and Swiss breeds that all co-habitated very well. The does lived in one area and the bucks shared another. One old ND doe was the queen, no one ever messed with her. She might have been 1/4 their size, but she was feisty!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts