The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, hope u r all fine and doing well,
I Think my question sounds crazy but one of my friend told me this is already hapening so tell me guys is this possible to breed deers in goat wombs ? Without needing of male there are some injections that are containing deer sperm or some kind of liquid used to inject into goats (i dont know how) so they get pregnent with baby deer in their womb.... all without male. He told me in some east asian country they are already doing it....
Can anyone please help me out on this. Thanks

·
1,524 Posts
Its called embryo transfer. They either let the deer doe breed naturally or they harvest the eggs and fertilize in a dish. Then the resulting fertilized eggs are surgically transferred directly into the uterus.

Either way, you still need a male at some point, even if it is taking the sperm using an artificial vagina..

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I can't for the life of me imagine why that would even be necessary....don't deer breed like rabbits?? LOL! I didn't realize there was a "shortage" of deer. If they need more deer we can just ship some of ours over:hammer:

·
Registered
31,500 Posts
maybe they do a flush like in goats...I always felt bad for the host of this techique..but they flush the eggs from quality does after conception I beleive...then tranfer them in to another goat to carry the burden..mostly Dairy goats....to get more of the quality kids from that one breeding pair at once...kind of seems like cheating to me lol...for the deer if they are rare or special..maybe this is what they do to preserve or to have more at once?? But either way... a male donor is needed..

·
Premium Member
15,546 Posts
I haven't heard of this with the goats/deer, but it sounds like you're referring to embryo transfer. You would take the egg from the deer doe and the sperm from the deer buck and implant the fertilized egg in the goat doe. It might be useful for endangered breeds of deer I guess.

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
I could see this being done to preserve a rare or endangered small species of deer.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
they have been doing this thing for years. i think the first rumenent was a guar(sp) that was carried by a cow. this is done to try to repopulate extremely endangered species.
i think they eventually will try bonanos (chimps) carring human babies, for clones etc.
i know this sounds kind of crazy, and unethical but it will be done.

·
Registered
10,787 Posts
Mama Doe would be like oh you are a surprise! I don't even remember mating. I guess you are a gift from heaven. LOL

·
Registered
154 Posts
i think they eventually will try bonanos (chimps) carring human babies, for clones etc.
i know this sounds kind of crazy, and unethical but it will be done.
I love genetics ;)

But they have actually been finding more compelling evidence to suggest Orangutans are even MORE closely related than chimps. As far as an ape carrying a human child to term.. The labor would have to be delivered through c-section. Hominids have wider pelvic openings to account for the cranial mass of their offspring...

In other countries excluding the US.. There have been discussions for "blending" human DNA with other animals via splicing. Growing human body parts on Mice and pigs is about as far as our "ethics" allow here in the US. Cloning and human experimentation via genetic manipulation are still illegal.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts