Random ramblings, venting, anything goes.

Discussion in 'The Chatter Box' started by PattiXmas, Jan 4, 2010.

1. PattiXmas

PattiXmas New Member

Jan 1, 2010
    I feel like poop today. I was in a car accident in 2007. We were hit head on by a cotton headed ninny muffin talking on her cell phone. She couldn't stop for the three stopped cars in front of her, so she took my Durango on head first. Hubby and the kids weren't injured, but I was. I have had 3 knee surgeries and two foot surgeries. I have a metal allergy that the surgeons didn't listen to me about, resulting in removal of the screws they had put in place. I have had 2 years of physical therapy and most recently, spinal block injections. Since the 3rd injections, I have been getting leg cramps in that leg. I haven't had a leg cramp prior to the accident. They cause my baby toe to go at a 90 degree angle and are now making bruises on my leg. Off to the doctor this morning to see what (if anything) can be done.

I am so tired of this crap. My knee still gives out, doctors say I need a replacement but won't do it because I am "too young" (40) and because my nerves are a mess. My leg is always cold and it feels like cold water running down my leg. I just want to be pain free!!!

My poor kids have been an amazing help. They cook, clean, do laundry, drive - you name it, they do it. It's just so sad that I can't walk far, can't do stairs the normal way anymore, and can't really enjoy being with my kids, my critters or my hubby (if you know what I mean :angel2: ).

Enough of my rambling and venting. How's your Monday treating you?

2. SterlingAcres

SterlingAcres Member

Oct 19, 2009
    I'm sorry you're feeling so crappy today :hug:

Monday's suck all around. We're dealing with lender issues yet again. This will be the first and last house we ever buy. The companies we're dealing with are laughable. I cannot believe they make enough commission to even pay their bills :roll:

3. pelicanacresMN

pelicanacresMN New Member

It's too cold out here, but on another note the sun is shining & there doesn't appear to be any wind. I think the weather said it's not going to be over 10 above until Sunday.
    Two of the goats have a bad cough & the antibiotic the vet gave doesn't seem to be helping. I hate when anything is sick or not feeling well.
    Oh, & a package better come in the mail today! My 4 yr old son wanted a stuffed kitty for christmas so we found a cute one on ebay & they supposedly shipped it on Dec 14th. We were hoping to put it in his stocking from Santa but it still hasn't shown up & when my husband asked Riley if he liked all of his christmas presents he said "yes, but I didn't get a toy kitty" which broke my heart :( Now I'm going to have to make an excuse if it shows up that Santa forgot it in his sleigh & had to mail it to us.

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh Patti I am so sorry :hug:

a friend of mine was in such a bad accident and she will never be the same. I just thank the Lord that she is still alive for her 3 young kids and even with the terrible back and neck pain she is still able to live her life to a fairly normal rate.

I will pray that the Dr's can get their act together and realize the surgery is what you need (I know a kid who had knee replacement at 15!) and that you will be out of pain :pray:

5. PattiXmas

PattiXmas New Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Back from the doctor. I like this doctor, they get you right in and right out. Didn't even have time to read a magazine. Well, he adjusted some of my meds and wants me back in February. He is talking about installing a stimulator in my spine that will block the nerve endings and "hide" the pain. He also wants me to see a psychologist to help "cope" with the pain and to learn new ways to deal with it. Ummm, how does one deal with constant pain?

6. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    How awful, Patti! :hug: Hopefully the doctors (or the insurance company) change their minds about doing a knee replacement. There is no reason for someone to have to live in constant pain just because they are not considered a "perfect candidate" due to age or any other factor if such a common procedure could help.

You know, I heard about this study that was done where they concluded that driving while talking on a cell phone is more dangerous than driving while slightly drunk because your brain ignores what you see. Hearing stories like this and my own experience with bad drivers makes me inclined to believe it!

7. PattiXmas

PattiXmas New Member

Jan 1, 2010
    I really hate people on their cell phones. Half of the conversations can wait until you stop. Not only was she on her cell phone, but she had radio just cranked. In addition to the blaring of horns, we heard the blaring of c-Rap music.

On a happier note, I am covered in boston love. Macky handsome boy is on my right, Kippy loves to snuggle in between your legs. The only "loner" is my daughter's Herbie.

Do your dogs like blankets? I have 3 puppies that need blankets year round. Even if it's scorching hot outside, they have to have a blanket (or sheet) and be snuggled right up against you. Crazy puppers.