Randoms - overload.

Discussion in 'Other Pets' started by Amos, Feb 6, 2009.

1. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
    Today when I was doing chores it was so nice that I decided to take pictures of all the pretty animals, I think I must have taken atleast 100. I thought I would share some of the better ones with everyone. And.. I finally got a picture of Ernie!
    Edit:
    Sorry, some came out really big??? My uploading size is set to medium..

Turkeys:

Red Bourbon tom
    [​IMG]

Red Bourbon hen
    [​IMG]

Broad Breasted White
    [​IMG]

The mix.. red bourbons, bb white, mix of wild, and royal palms.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The geese
    [​IMG]

My cat Lonji
    [​IMG]

The bunnies
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pigeons

[​IMG]

Day old squab, they're so little!

[​IMG]

Muscovy drake
    [​IMG]

Chickens
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Guineas
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Izzy
    [​IMG]

Daero
    [​IMG]

And finally, rolley poley Ernie!
    [​IMG]

2. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    What wonderful animals you have! And Ernie is so cute!!

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    love your animals.......thanks so much for sharing..... :love: :greengrin:

4. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Wow, look at all those birds! That's so cool. Beautiful animals!

5. MissMM

MissMM New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    McGregor, MN
    You have chickens and turkeys in the same barn? I would LOVE to do that, but my DH absolutely insists we can't have both on the same property due to disease factors. he and his parents used to raise tens of thousands of turkeys on the property (Rasmussen Turkey Farms - hence my delectable use of a whole turkey barn and range for my goaties :) ) He has told me all foul would be dead in one season if we had both. ??? I'm getting another 50 Rhode Island Reds in a month and would love to add 2 or 3 doz. Bronze turkeys but he says No............. one or the other :angry:

give me ammo plz :)

6. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
    Thanks everyone!

MissMM, we have our turkeys in a supposedly old chicken barn (similar to the average turkey barn but quite a bit smaller), my dad has it full of his crud, but we were able to clear out a 7 by 17 area for our 19 turkeys. By fall this year my mom and I are planning to have it all cleaned out for goats, show poultry, peafowl, and possibly the turkeys. We have a couple mutt/butcher roosters in the shed, and they have gotten in with the turkeys before (you can sort of see in the first pic). But I honestly have no idea what your husband is talking about, I know alot of people worry because of blackhead, which affects the liver I think, but we have never had any problems. Last year we had limited space and had to house some of the chickens, the ducks, the peafowl, turkeys, and guineas in the same shed, and we never lost any of those birds to any illnesses. My mom has always had chickens (40+ years), turkeys on and off for about 18-19 years, then we've had ducks for 8, geese for about 7, guineas, pheasants, peafowl for about 6, and pigeons for 2, and have never had too many problems with diseases and have never encountered blackhead. We have never fed medicated foods and have only ever used natural and herbal products for any sickness. I think your husband has heard too many horror stories about it, its mainly important for them to have adequite space and fresh feed, beeding, and water available, and they should be fine. If you're too horribly worried about it, just keep them seperated. As for getting some BB whites, I say go for it, the other week we butchered one of our whites, weighed 40 pounds, was some of the best turkey we've had in a long time, we had to finish off all our nasty store bought first.

Gosh I talk/type too much!

7. keren

keren owned by goats

Oct 26, 2008
    Australia
    Oh. My. Goodness.

I think I'm in love

With Daero

:love:

8. PiccoloGoat

PiccoloGoat goat girl x0x0

Sep 10, 2008
    Australia
    keren i love that daero as well :love: :love:

9. MissMM

MissMM New Member

Oct 22, 2007
    McGregor, MN
    Thanks for the info Amos! If I can get another old shed re-hab-ed in time, I'm gonna try it.

10. Cinder

Cinder New Member

Mar 2, 2008
    Love the pictures... such wonderful looking friends you have there.

11. Amos

Amos New Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Minnesota
    Haha, you can have him Keren!

12. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    I love Izzy!! What a beautiful dog =) Everyone looks fantastical.