rant about does

Discussion in 'Kidding Koral' started by rgbdab, Apr 19, 2009.

1. rgbdab

rgbdab New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    TEXAS
    I almost always know my goats due dates but not this one.

So last November I put 3 yearlings with a buck. I saw 2 of them be bred(Dixie and Star) and wrote down the date, but never saw the other one actually breed,(Spice) but knew it would be around the date of the other two.
    About mid March Spice had a bag the size of a softball and Dixie and Star had bags the size of tennis balls, so stupidly I thought Spice would go first.
    Dixie's due date was 4/4 and Stars was 4/15.
    Well, today is 4/19 and Spice has still not kidded, but Dixie kidded a single on 4/2 and Star kidded twins on 4/15 and neither one of them has a bag as big as Spice's.
    She is driving me nuts! Her belly isn't that big, so I am expecting a single and poor Star has 2 kids wanting milk all the time and she has a very small bag. I was really hoping Spice would kid the same day as Star so I could have tried to graft on of hers on Spice, but of course that didn't happen.
    Anyway, I understand she is just upholding the does code of honor, but stilll

Denise

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    oh how frustrating!!! Well hopefully she will kid soon and if you have to you can hold Spice to let the other kid nurse a couple times a day - I did that with a kid last year.

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    that is frustrating for sure...they hardly ever do what you want them to.....when you want them to..... :doh:

4. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    I think I would be :hair: at this point!

:hug: to you and really hope she doesn't keep you waiting long.

5. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Does are so frustrating! I wanted at least one doe kid from each doe, but so far o for two!! Then I wanted at least one kid to keep the remaining buckling I didn't sell company, but again, didn't happen!

Hoping you do get you kids and soon!! Healthy and easy delivery!!