The Goat Spot Forum banner

Raspberry Leaves.

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  eliya 
#1 ·
Ok, Those of you that use the raspberry leaves for your doe to help in labor. Do you give it before they are in labor, like how long before? During labor, or what? And how much?
I found Red Raspberry leaves, and they are crushed, is that ok?
Please tell me your secret.

That you and my does that you also. :greengrin:

#3 ·
Thanks. It is to late to do it the month before, because we will be delivering babies very very soon. I do not have a date on any, but I know about when they were bred.

#4 ·
I couldn't find my list I typed up but from memory, you give the remedy Caulophyllum 30c once a day the month before kidding, and the week before you alternate Caullophyllum with Pulsatilla 30c, one in the morning and one in the evening.

We did our own experiment and does that did not receive either of these remedies had increased kidding problems. These are both considered women's remedies and it will help prepare the uterus for birth and will also help to prevent a retained placenta. We've also found since giving remedies that they don't bleed as long or as heavy after they kid.

#5 ·
We feed our does raspberry leaves their whole pregnancy. Even a few weeks before kidding will help though. We also give them to our does and bucks for a month or so before breeding.

#6 ·
eliya said:
We feed our does raspberry leaves their whole pregnancy. Even a few weeks before kidding will help though. We also give them to our does and bucks for a month or so before breeding.
Why do you give them to you bucks? I thought it helped in the delivery and the contractions.

#7 ·
It does lots for the does - tones the uterus and muscles, helps with hormone balance etc. I just recently read that it also helps the male reproduction. I don't remember exactly how, or even where I read it. *blush* I know it can't hurt, and they sure LOVE it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.