The Goat Spot Forum banner
41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Congratulations!! That is a hard wait!! Much harder than goats because it is so much longer!
Do you have a thread for her?
We are on day 333 now. Maybe the full moon tomorrow will get things going? She has fooled me the last few days. I will try to make a thread later today. Her name is Sugar Foot

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
How exciting...new one soon to be born. New prospect coming! Woohoo. Cant wait to see Your Pictures!
Oh I will have plenty of pictures. I am a photographer as well.
I think @billiejw89 had the mare foaling this year. I do have one mare bred for next year so far. Haven't decided who else I will breed. We are currently moving, so my schedule has been a bit hectic! Looking forward to getting back into our routine once we get settled.

Horse Photograph Plant community Ecoregion Vertebrate

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Nice! You will have to keep me updated especially on the CDE. I may want to get into CDE later on with my new filly but she is just a baby now.

What bloodlines is your new one?
I sure will! I love CDE! It is such a challenge on so many levels. The B size minis are best for the VSE division. I have a 36" 2yr old who I will train when he matures, but this will be a small pony, probably around 42". He's a bigger Shetland than I breed but his dam is a Cross Country mare and his sire is TSL. They are well known Shetland lines and he could be a great halter horse, but I don't show Shetland very often, and since he is not a breeding horse, we'll focus on CDE. I saw his movement and size and knew he was the one!

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
I have a good feeling my filly will end up class b since her dad was a full Shetland. My mini stud is still a class a. Keep me posted and so excited for you!
That will be fun! Lots of A size Shetlands out there now though! I have a few, my stallion is around 33".
Thanks!I will try to remember to update this. It is going to be a brand new adventure and I'm excited to see where it takes us.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
That's exciting news! Did your piano make it okay?
Yes I think it did! We had 4 people to help load it onto the truck at home and though it wasn't easy, it went well, except for when the plywood ramp cracked and I thought it was the piano! We had actual piano movers on this end and they were amazing. They will come back and tune it as well!

41 - 60 of 69 Posts