Re-Tattoo Question ADGA & AGS

Discussion in 'Goat Management' started by HalfAChanceFarm, Aug 30, 2014.

1. HalfAChanceFarm

HalfAChanceFarm Member

Nov 30, 2012
    Hello,
    I have a buck whose tattoo is really worn out. I could see it(using a little of my imagination too, haha). I would like to re-tattoo him, but I know I have to file forms.
    Do you know which forms I need and HOW do I re-tattoo him? I know how to tattoo, but I am not sure to try to go over it or find some place else on his ear. He is a Nigerian, so it would be difficult.

Thanks guys! Love this forum.

2. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Here's the tattoo revision form for ADGA: https://www.adga.org/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=89&func=fileinfo&id=34

For AGS, just check on their website, i'm sure there's a form for it as well on there.

When re-tattooing, it's best to put the new tattoo away from the other one instead of on top, but if there's no room in the ear to do so, then sometimes you have no choice. The most important thing is that the papers note the "re-tattooed."

3. lottsagoats

lottsagoats Junior Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Middle Maine
    If there is not room in the ear, you can always tatt the tail like you would on a Mancha.

4. lottsagoats

lottsagoats Junior Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Middle Maine
    The ADGA form says you have to do the paperwork if the new tatt is different from the old. It sounds like you don't have to re-tatt if it is the same tatt?

5. LamanchaAcres

LamanchaAcres Active Member

Jan 11, 2013
    When we retattoo we just send in the money and papers and write a note saying retattoo. They then send us back a new copy saying retatto under the tattoo letters and numbers. Now thats for ADGA. No clue on AGS.

Sent from my iPhone using Goat Forum