The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 5 month old ND doeling got white discharge from her vulva about a month ago. I believe that was her first heat.
Recently, we started noticing extremely dark puddles of pee when we let the goats out to browse. It's really dark, and ruddy, at an angle it looks like it could be blood, but it's too brown and light. Now I don't know which goat it is exactly, but it is usually right next to the doeling's tiny poop, and she poops right after she pees, so I'm assuming it's her. She's also got discharge again(white and turns yellow when dry). Could all this be from her heat cycle? She has absolutely no other symptoms, clear eyes, pink eyelids, eating, drinking, pooping fine. As hoppity and energetic as ever. The only change is in the weather, it's gotten colder and wet.

·
Registered
30,548 Posts
could be her coming in heat....when she pees does she pee well?? not tiny amounts ??

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I've seen her pee recently and it isn't dark, so if it is her it only happens every once in a while. She pees a pretty good amount.

·
Registered
30,548 Posts
As long as she is well other wise I would keep a eye on her..could be she'sin heat or not drinking enough water...you can offer a bucket of electrolytes next to her water... all your goats just might gobble it up, so bring her to it first : )

Homemade Electrolytes

A half gallon of hot water
2-6 Tablespoons of Unsulphured Blackstrap Molasses
1-2 Tablespoons of Either Sea Salt, Epsom Salt, Baking Soda or Table Salt.
1 cup of Apple Cider Vinegar

Mix well and drench or let them drink it.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What would the electrolytes do? And we don't have any molasses...or any more ACV I don't think. We have this stuff called Dyne, it's full of vitamins and calories and stuff, I don't know if it has electrolytes, but she gobbles the stuff up like crazy. It can be mixed with water to hydrate her.

·
Registered
30,548 Posts
Sorry I didnt get back with you. I was out of town. Electrolytes encourage more drinking and add minerals vitamins and so forth to their daily. If you run out of molasses you canuse honey..Black Strap molasses has a ton of good stuff in it including iron..so its just a better choice, not the only choice..;)
Ive n ot heard of Dyne, but if it encourages her to drink, thats great.
How is she doing??

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well she hasn't peed dark at all from what I've seen the last few days. She gets out of her pen all the time so I guess she hasn't been coming back to drink when she gets out. We've been leaving grain out for her though so she stays in more, so she drinks more. Thank you for the info & advice :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts