really need help

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by countrylover, Nov 12, 2010.

1. countrylover

countrylover New Member

Oct 1, 2010
    my,doe was bred the last of oct.this morning when i i went to feed i noticed a thick srtingy white discharge coming from her vagina.she is not showing any sighns of heat and i know is to soon for her to be in labor.can anyone tell me if maybey she isnt pregnant and trying to come back in heat or if maybey she is having a misscarrige im really confused i was hoping she was pregnant and all would go good.
    Found this on your other topic edited to add it here for you - Stacey

2. myfainters

myfainters New Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Lancaster, CA
    Usually the thick discharge comes at the end of a heat cycle. Did you notice her hanging out near the buck pens a day or 2 ago? If so, she is probably in heat again. There is a blood test that can be sent in to Bio Tracking for $7.50 and they can tell if she is bred or not. :hair: Isn't breeding fun? :chin: :hug:

Also, if you'd like to edit your posts....there is an "edit" button on the top right of your post screen....that way you can edit the same topic without needing to go through and start a whole new one. :)

3. countrylover

countrylover New Member

Oct 1, 2010
    no she hasnt showed any sighns of heat in the last few days.no bleating or tail flagging nothing to indicate she has been in heat so im really confused.

correction:
    sorry she was bred mid oct not the last its been atleast 4 weeks since she was bred.

4. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Does can have a discharge after breeding - usually I see this one week after breeding and then here and there during pregnancy but especially when loosing their plug a month or so before kidding.

So the only way to be sure though is to wait 3 weeks and see if she comes into heat again.

5. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    I agree with everyone ....wait 18 to 21 days and see or... get a blood test done..... :wink: :thumb: