The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I noticed that all o my bucks balls are getting plumper and lower to the ground... So my question is are they producing more sperm because its breeding season soon??? Sorry if this question makes anyone uncomfortable... I just like to learn!

·
Well, my username says it all... :)
2,751 Posts
Oh hun we have talked about much more awkward things on this forum. :)

I think they get lower to keep the sperm farther away from their bodies so it doesn't overheat and make them sterile. ;) There is more body heat there the closer their testis are.

·
Goat Girl
2,018 Posts
Yup, in the summer their testicles will hang farther down from their bodies so the sperm doesn't get too warm, in the winter when it is cold they will be pulled up closer to the body so the sperm doesn't get too cool. Testicles are outside the body because they have to be kept at a temperature lower than body temp, but based on the outside temp they will either be closer or farther away from the body.

When bucks go into rut, everything will swell a little, just like a buck deer. Their necks will get thicker, their testicles a little larger, all to make themselves look big and masculine for the girls. :)

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow! Cool you learn something new everyday! :) i can't wait to breed! Do any of you know how old bucklings have to be in order to actually sucessfully get the job done? I have a friend who wants to breed her pigmy doe to my 3 m/o nd buckling but I don't think he will be able to get the job done...

·
Well, my username says it all... :)
2,751 Posts
They CAN get it done sometimes at 2 months, but there won't always be liable sperm in bucklings that young. And there is the question of if they need a ladder or not...

·
Registered
30,614 Posts
Nigerian are early bloomers...I have a lamancha buck who at 4 months bred all my girls...had to give him plenty of rest between ladies but he got the job done ;)

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Have you any idea how many of us are now running out to see if our bucks balls are bigger? LMAO

No question is stupid around here. I just learned something new today. :)
Haha It's good you guys care because my friends are all like you are so wired! Haha:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts