Really worried over here..... :(

Discussion in 'Beginners Goat Raising' started by sbaker, May 6, 2014.

1. COgoatLover25

COgoatLover25 Active Member

Dec 23, 2013
    I'll be praying everything goes well for you! So sorry you had to go through all this stress. :hug:

2. sbaker

sbaker New Member

Nov 10, 2012
    Louisiana

3. nchen7

nchen7 Goatless goat momma

Feb 25, 2013
    Ontario
    how did it go? did the breeder come for the girls?

4. Trickyroo

Trickyroo New Member

Sep 26, 2012
    New York
    YAY ! I guess she seen the light and the error of her ways :)
    That's great ! Im so happy for you , keep us posted on what happens !

5. sbaker

sbaker New Member

Nov 10, 2012
    Louisiana
    Plans are to meet at 3:00. I'm kind of dreading it, to be honest! Lol! I guess because I know she really doesn't want to do this!

6. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

That is part of doing business. If she doesn't want bad publicity, then she should cheerfully make it right.

7. Trickyroo

Trickyroo New Member

Sep 26, 2012
    New York
    Be yourself , be pleasant and get it done :)
    And remember , you have a army behind you ;)

8. sbaker

sbaker New Member

Nov 10, 2012
    Louisiana
    Whoo-hoo! Two goats poorer and $400 richer! Hallelujah! No problem with the lady. She was as pleasant to me as she was when I bought the goats from her. Thank y'all so so much for all of your support!!

9. ksalvagno

ksalvagno Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Glad it worked out.

10. ThreeHavens

ThreeHavens 7 does - 2 bucks - 1 wether

Oct 20, 2011
    New Jersey
  11. Trickyroo

Trickyroo New Member

Sep 26, 2012
    New York
    Yay !!!! :leap::leap::leap:

12. Trickyroo

Trickyroo New Member

Sep 26, 2012
    New York
    Good for you ! :hug: Your persistence and patience paid off for you !

13. sbaker

sbaker New Member

Nov 10, 2012
    Louisiana
    I know, I'm so glad. Kinda bummed at the same time though, because I now only have two does instead of four, but, oh well! I'll hopefully be able to add some really nice girls over the next year or so.

14. rgbdab

rgbdab New Member

Nov 26, 2007
    TEXAS
    I am so sorry this happened to you - it does appear to be a "fish teat" which I do see from time to time raising boers (still isn't normal for them either) but in dairy goats the teat structure is very important and it will NOT be easy to milk a goat with this kind of teat. I would talk to them and see what they say about it. If they are reputable, they should offer you an alternative or refund neither of which is going to mend your heart. Best of luck

15. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
  16. happybleats

happybleats Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Gustine Texas
    wow..just read this..glad it worked out...sadly some breeders snip those extra teats at birth and buyers never know..then they grow up and throw babies with split teats extra teats ex...its shady...It does sound like the buck was the problem....I look my babies over and disclose ( and price accordingly) any defects..., I also would never sell one registered with a defect..But maybe she just didn't look close..Glad she made good on this..
    Thankfully I have never had to deal with teat issues...in the dairy world..thats a killer defect for show and sells...but they can make nice family milkers..

17. canyontrailgoats

canyontrailgoats New Member

Jan 4, 2014
    western montana
    If there were more breeders around like her, there wouldn't be so many defects and problems to begin with.

I'm glad it worked out for you! :)

18. happybleats

happybleats Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2010
    Gustine Texas
    There is a lady down my way that has beautiful reg. Nubians!! Biggest girls Ive seen in along time..she is super nice and easy to work with...if you dont mind a drive lol, sometimes its worth it for good stock..her web sight is asbyfarms.com...
    when we raised Nubians I had to drive 4+ hours to find any...and here she was only 30 minutes away the whole time!!!..

19. canyontrailgoats

canyontrailgoats New Member

Jan 4, 2014
    western montana
    Oh and of course breeders like you guys on TGS, you know what you're doing ;)

20. sbaker

sbaker New Member

Nov 10, 2012
    Louisiana
    Cathy, we really don't mind a drive, so long as we're getting our money's worth! I'll look up her site. Thanks!
    And, I showed her the teats, and she was amazed that I had even noticed. Said she probably would have never noticed. Any girls that I ever sell will be getting scrutinized, that's for sure!