The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
14,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been so excited this week, finally picked up my camera & lens from the camera store. I've been without them since May.

Seemed to be okay in the camera store, get home and play and focus doesn't seem to be 'spot on.'

Then when I went to look at pictures I'd taken, it wouldn't let me zoom in/out and froze up. Turned it off/on, and still acting up.

Bottom line.

I paid $356 to fix it, and it's not fixed!!!! :eek::hair::mecry::GAAH::wallbang::angry::veryangry::eek::rolleyes:

Needless to say I am NOT happy. I explained in detail everything that was wrong with it.

It worked fine for about 5 minutes.. But again, focus was never spot on.

So back to the camera store I will go in just a few minutes to see what they can do for me.

The real kicker is....

The biggest horse sale in the world starts in one week. I always ALWAYS photograph at this sale, it's one of my biggest gig's of the year, and usually ends up being my best paying one. Sale lasts 2 weeks. I usually am there from Sat-Sat of the first week and off/on through the 2nd week.

But also, the races start in Oct, then another major horse sale in November.

I know it's not the camera store's fault, but This is putting me in a tight spot! :(

I am so disappointed. I guess it doesn't pay to get excited :(

The only good thing is, the lens does seem to be okay. Canon wanted to charge me $700 to fix it! But the camera store sent it to someone else and they fixed it for less than $200!

Sorry needed to vent.

·
Super Moderator
58,834 Posts
That is a shame that the camera store didn't truly fix your camera. I hope they will not charge you for any other repairs.

·
14,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Karen. I'm so disheartened by it. The camera store said they will work with me to get it fixed, probably refund my $$ and send it back again. But still, that doesn't solve my issue for next week unless they can guarantee I have it by next Friday.
They sent it to a Canon repair center, so it's Canon who is at fault.

I really am kicking myself for not going in and examining it when it first came back. I had a deep down feeling that kept telling me to check it out. I need to never ignore that little voice, it's usually always right!

Kids will be home in a few minutes, so we'll head over there. It's about a 30 minute drive, Bleh :(

I put the lens on my other camera, thankfully it does seem to be fine again, thank goodness.

·
Goat Girl
2,018 Posts
Can you get a rental camera from the camera store? I'm sure it won't be the same, but maybe they can lend you a camera of the same quality until yours is fixed so you can still work at the sale.

·
Registered
30,555 Posts
How frustrating!! I hope it all gets worked out before show....

·
14,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks. Well I took it back and they looked at it, definitely agreed it's not working right at all :( He tried everything he could think of.
They are sending it back, so hopefully it won't take too long to have it in working order again.

Yep, they are going to give me a rental. It's out for the weekend, but they reserved it for me when I need it during the sale so I'll pick it up the end of next week and keep it for about 10 days, hopefully by then my camera would be back, fingers crossed.

It's a Canon 7D. These things cost too much $$ to be such a headache, Gah! :(

I'll try to get through the livestock sale on Tues with my old camera. It helps now that I have my short lens. I'll check that lens thoroughly tomorrow to make sure I'm good to go.
The 7D has video on it, so it would have been nice to capture some video of my kids selling their first animals, oh well :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts