Recipe requests. =)

Discussion in 'Cookin' Corner' started by Crissa, Jun 7, 2009.

1. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Does anyone have a really good fudge recipe? I've been craving fudge lately so I'd like to try making my own with goat milk.

And do you have a favorite cheese recipe you'd like to share?

Thanks in advance.

2. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Crissa, the absolute simplest fudge recipe ever came from the back of a chocolate chip bag!

Now the recipe calls for evaporated milk BUT I found that you can sub fresh goat milk and just have to cook it a bit longer.....super creamy and soooo good!

1 1/2 c sugar 2 c mini marshmallows
    2/3 c milk 1 11.5 oz pkg choc chips.....milk choc or semi sweet...dark choc is DEVINE!
    2 Tbsp margarine or butter 1 tsp vanilla
    1/4 tsp salt

Line an 8 inch square pan with foil and butter it.
    Combine Sugar, Milk Butter and salt in a heavy sauce pan about 2-3 quart size
    Bring to a full rolling boil over medium heat, stirring constantly for about 7 minutes...or use a candy thermometer and boil til it hits 238- 240* F
    Remove from heat and stir in the marshmallows, choc chips and vanilla...beat by hand for approximately 1-2 minutes...the more you beat the smoother it is. Pour into pan and refridgerate for 2 hours....cut and enjoy.

The chocolate chips can also be subbed with White chocolate, Peanut Butter and Butterscotch...... Versatile and simple

3. toth boer goats

toth boer goats Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2008
    Corning California
    Yum Liz.... that sounds so good......... just reading the recipe....... :drool:

4. Crissa

Crissa New Member

Oct 7, 2007
    Cashion, Oklahoma
    Thank you so much liz! Nice and simple the way I like it. :wink: I'll let you know how it goes, my cousin and I are going to make it when she comes over for a week.