The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a PC, and an iPad. I'm looking for a record keeping program for my goat heard. Preferably free or very low cost (under $10). Anyone have any ideas? It would be for a dairy goat heard. I don't need anything fancy just like when they were wormed last/kidding records and stuff.

Thanks!

·
926 Posts
I use Evernote on my iphone. You can get it on your iPad. It's free, easy to use and best of all saves everything on the Internet so if you lose your iPad you won't lose your files.

It's not a official goat herd record keeping program but I make individual files for every doe.

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
There is a 4-H Dairy goat record, I have it on my email. I am planning on using it this 4-H year, and maybe even as a herd record book, at least for the does... Let me see if I can find it, and I will upload it on here. Might be what you're looking for, and it's free ;)

Reactions: capracreek

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
I may have to upload it in the morning, can't go to the other pages of my email at night when our "AWESOME" internet slows down..

·
Registered
8,709 Posts

·
~Crazy Goat Lady~
29,202 Posts
I use easy keeper.. Love it! Though it cost a bit more the $10 a month... But worth it IMO..

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
This is either the same one, or very similar to the one I have on my email. You can just use what you want from this. In the morning I will upload the one on my email. :)

http://4-hyd.ext.wvu.edu/r/download/42872

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
I just got an app called "Herd" that's a pretty good herd manager IMO, it's free... I'm sure there's an iPad version too.

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
Ok, I got the actual record I was talking about... What is your email? The file is too large to upload.

·
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for all the suggestions, I'll have to try to download some when I get home.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I have been using kintracks
Super easy to use , free down load for under 60 animals if u have over sixty then u can buy the full version for $20. Not available for ipad yet

·
Registered
815 Posts
I do the old fashioned paper work in a binder that I keep in my milk area. Each animals has a sheet for everything I do to her and a separate sheet for kiddings. Works for me - a computer type thing would be not handy for me at all. I like to flip the page to the doe I have in there and see what needs done for her.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts