The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wanting to get a software program that will let me keep records for my goats as well as my pigs, cows and horses. Free would be awesome but if not than cheap is the next preference. It must be easy to use. Right now I am using a notebook and pen- but we are getting way too many things to keep track of. Anyone have something that they use that they like or really dislike? Any opinions appreciated. Thanks

707 Posts
I bought and downloaded ranch manager. It isn't free but it is worth it's weight in gold! I tried some free ones, they would only let you put in so many animals, and I was constantly being bothered to purchase the upgrade. It is an easy to use program. Hope this helps :)

707 Posts
I believe the first module you buy is $100 and then any others are $50. I bought the sheep and goat modules, but I still use it for my llamas and horses basically to keep track of event history. When they were wormed feet done etc.

· Registered
98 Posts
I use a combination of a binder and forms/notebook paper and Kintraks Animal Breeder. Animal Breeder is free, but they have a 60 animal limit, you can purchase an upgrade for around $20 if you need more animal space. I like it pretty well--especially for the price! :) It's pretty customizable, so I like that, too.

Ranch Manager has awesome reviews, but shelling out $150 for it isn't happening right now, so I'll stick with Kintraks and my trusty binder :thumbup: I've also heard you can get a free trial to test-drive it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.