record keeping

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by karmouth, Mar 22, 2009.

1. karmouth

karmouth New Member

Dec 1, 2008
    ocala, FL
    I am looking to start keeping records of my goats on the computer as opposed to all the hand written and in the memory stuff. .Are there programs out there ? Would other be willing to share what and how they do it .I am thinking I would like a page for each doe where I could keep infor like when she came , when she kidded w/whom she was breed , out come of breeding .Also what type of charts do you use to track the kids , weight gain , meds/vac administered ,procedure's done . Any and all ideals would be appreciated . Thanks for sharing

2. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    I just did a Excel Spread sheet for it all. I have the baby, who the dam and sire are and the sold to and so on.

3. lesserweevil

lesserweevil New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    I have multiple microsoft word documents for my sheep... I keep a handwritten sheet tacked up at the barn for anything bought from the vet or dosed, etc. and I have a document with all the tag info, lambing info, who had milk, who didnt, who had mastitis, who had problems etc so that I know for the next year and for culling and that.

LW

4. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    I also just made a record on Microsoft Works Word Processor. I have a health record that records hoof trimming, medical history, vaccinations, dewormings, and an area for "other treatments/supplements." I have a separate page for kidding, milking, and show records. I could probably email the attachment. . .

5. Coraxfeather

Coraxfeather New Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Slippery ROckPA
    might be a good ideal to do that. All my records are right now in my head and with the lack of sleep i might loose the file up there.

6. crocee

crocee New Member

Jul 25, 2008
    Northeast Arkansas
    I would still keep a hand written or printed copy as hard drives fail and viruses eat things, usually what you can't afford to loose.