Recorded Grade/Grade Experimental. (Pics Added)

Discussion in 'Goat Management' started by Hidden Waters Farm, Nov 14, 2010.

1. Hidden Waters Farm

Hidden Waters Farm New Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Maine
    (If not in the section area feel free to move it)

Hi, Im wondering if anyone who is a member of ADGA would be willing to look at front, side and back view pictures of my goats and sign your name saying my goats meet breed standards if you think they do? Ive got 9 - so far - that I need to have looked at and then approved if acceptable. Most of my goats are from registered stock, and the others are dairy crosses. Im going to have someone come over and take the pictures of them. They are not yet tattooed but if they do meet standards they will be before I send in the paperwork.

Im willing to talk e-mail about my situation also. I am willing to look at your does as well if you have any. This is my starter herd and Im going for breed improvement so I really need it done.

Thanks.

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Re: Recorded Grade/Grade Experimental.

I dont mind doing it though I havent before -- so I would need to know from ADGA what they need written down. Have you contacted them to see what is exactly needed?

3. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois

Basic statement is:

I, name, ADGA ID #xxxxxx, have seen this doe on DATE. She conforms to X breed standard(name which breed) and then go on to say what color she is and what kind of ears she has.

4. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois

Oh and then type your name, print it out and then sign it.

5. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

thanks Sarah :)

6. Hidden Waters Farm

Oct 3, 2010
    Maine

Pm'ed you Stacey.

7. comingsummers

comingsummers New Member

May 6, 2010
    Northern New Mexico

I would be willing if you need anyone else to help you out on this one. Just PM me if you're interested. Good luck!

8. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ

I didnt receive anything :shrug:

9. Hidden Waters Farm

Oct 3, 2010
    Maine

Stacey,

I thought I did PM you but couldnt find any history of it. Anyways, I was wondering which e-mail to use but now Im thinking of just making a topic of it because I also would like to have people critique them as well. The person will be over Friday or Saturday to take the pictures. I dont know if I am any good at posing or if that even matters but Im going to try.
    I do have one doeling that probably wont pass even though shes one of the more pedigreed goats I have, She got frostbite when she was a baby and so her ears are messed up looking. her twin brother has the same issue but he isnt a part of this. However This doesnt affect the future kids because they were not born with normal ears.

comingsummers,

Pm'ing you. (hopefully lol)

10. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
  11. Hidden Waters Farm

Oct 3, 2010
    Maine

Well, Im waiting on pics. Today I sold one of my horses so I guess im going to go buy a camera and do it myself like I should have all along.

Thanks for your patience!

12. Hidden Waters Farm

Oct 3, 2010
    Maine

I have found a camera to buy, Im going to do a room search before I buy it as like mos things, When Im not looking for it or have replaced it the item miraculously reappears. :doh:

13. Hidden Waters Farm

Oct 3, 2010
    Maine

Ok, I will have pics a few days after Christmas as my Mom decided to get me a camera for Christmas. So for those who were interested in doing it for me, I would still love to have you help me out.

Thanks and sorry for the wait!

14. Hidden Waters Farm

Oct 3, 2010
    Maine
    Recorded Grade/Grade Experimental. Picture update!

Im in the process of uploading my pics to Photobucket! I should have them up within an hours time.

15. Bellafire Farm

Bellafire Farm New Member

Jan 5, 2010
    NW Oregon

Ohhhhh, fun, fun, fun! Can't wait to see pics!! :leap:

16. Hidden Waters Farm

Oct 3, 2010
    Maine
    Well, it took longer than expected but at last here they are, This is most of my goats first time doing this so they were uncooperative. Feel free to tell me about their conformation, but I think most of them were uncomfortable with the situation and tucking their tails. The names and ages are above the pics.

This is Daisy she is 10 months old - thought to be bred, never recycled.
    [​IMG]

This is Cricket shes 11 months old - thought to be bred, never recycled.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is Marmy, shes thought to be about 5 yrs old. She was given to me with a kid trade back in the spring. Shes my cow :wink: (second pic). - thought to be bred, never recycled. Maybe bred to my Saanen buck.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is my Christmas present Sarsaparilla, she is 2 but will be 3 in feb/march. Open and in milk, Will be bred to my Saanen buck.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And just for fun is my RG Nubian doe Sissy, She is by far one of my favorites. She scored 81 in LA as a 1.6 yr old FF. I'm glad to see she still remembers what shes doing because I'm showing her at the fair in 2011. She does hold the position until she is moved, but in this one she was being asked to do so because it was the best photo taken angle wise. No she doesnt have a milk goiter, the chain was not correctly position - thought to be bred, never recycled. Drying her off, though she continues to produce a lot she is making progress.
    [​IMG]

Ill have more soon! It was snowing when I took these pics so we had to be inside. Ive still got some other does to be looked at, we are having a heat wave on Sat/Sun so Ill try and snap some more. P.S. I think the camera added some color with the flash, They are white and not tan tinted other than Marmy.