Red Cell dosage..

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Muddy Creek Farm, Apr 3, 2008.

1. Muddy Creek Farm

Muddy Creek Farm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    What is the dosage for Red Cell if my doe is 56 pounds?

2. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    I had a kid that I gave it to last year about that size, I gave her 3 ccs, I'm not sure if that is enough though. What are you using it for?

3. Muddy Creek Farm

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    I have a doe who has pretty pale eye lids and someone suggested Red Cell.

4. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Is she pregnant? Is she UTD on worming? Or is she copper deficient?(that causes pale eyelids)

5. Muddy Creek Farm

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    She is preggo, and we wormed her on the 18th of march and yesterday. She is a black doe, but doesn't seem to be deficient no rough or red coat.

6. sweetgoats

sweetgoats Moderator

Oct 18, 2007
    Peyton CO.
    What did you deworm her with? Do you know you got the right worms?
    I used red Cell this fall on a doe that was about 100 lbs, and I used I believe like 6cc, twice a day for two days then I went to once a day for a week. She was better in no time. She was also pregnant.

7. Muddy Creek Farm

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    I used Ivomec. I am thinking she has Barber Pole (SP?) worms, as well as lung worms. I just hate that this happened! So do you think about 3-3 1/2 cc's twice a day?

8. goathappy

goathappy New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Illinois
    Sounds about right to me :) Why do you think she has lung worms? Does she have a loose cough? Like she's coughing up something? Does she have a snotty nose at all?

9. Muddy Creek Farm

Oct 5, 2007
    Keokuk, Iowa
    Yep. She has never had a snotty nose and then she will cough, and cough. If it was lung worms would it sound like a really dry cough or like there is some junk (worms) in their throat or chest??