The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Worming with safeguard for tapeworms was a waste of time and money. They are worse now than before I wormed. The valbazen has been ordered but won't be here for a few more days. One in particular is anemic with white lids. She only weighs 10 lbs. what is the dosage for red cell?

·
Registered
17,201 Posts
One cc per 16.6 lbs if that helps, some people double the dose on the first day, then do the normal dose ever day thereafter.
And dosing for an additional 6lbs is not going to hurt her one bit.

·
Registered
17,201 Posts
A really easy way to calculate the dose is...

Example 1:
Goat weighs 100lbs
Med treats 25lbs per 1cc
100 divided by 25lb = 4cc

or
Example 2: How much does 1cc treat?

In the redcell dose, 6cc per 100lb body weight
100lbs divided by 6cc = 16.6 lbs per 1cc/mL.

·
Super Moderator
35,731 Posts
You can add Apple Cider Vinegar too...I just re read an old article on how well it works for anemia...mix 50/50 ACV and water then dose 20 cc for adult and maybe 10 cc for little ones..
vit b 12 high protien feeds, alfalfa and green leaves all support and help rebuild red blood cells..

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You can add Apple Cider Vinegar too...I just re read an old article on how well it works for anemia...mix 50/50 ACV and water then dose 20 cc for adult and maybe 10 cc for little ones..
vit b 12 high protien feeds, alfalfa and green leaves all support and help rebuild red blood cells..
Should I give the water and ace just once or every day?

·
Super Moderator
35,731 Posts
Daily will be fine...it wont hurt...:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.