I put two purchased small animal feeders in my new shed- the trouble was that the goats would put their front legs in the trough part and eat out of the top, wasting much hay, rather than wasting time pulling smaller bits through the grid. So I took them out yesterday, build a thing to raise them a little higher (actually measured the goat) and put a cover on them. Now they work great. Timber went right to work pulling hay out through the grid but Dot tried the old way of standing with her front feet on the trough- but when she did that she was just looking down at the lid. It took her a little while to stop twisting her head side to try to pull out hay, which meant she couldn't fit her nose through the grid, and just go in straight to pull out hay. But she figured it out and today there was almost no wasted hay at all. Now hopefully she won't figure out how to open the lid- I haven't put a latch on it.