The Goat Spot Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
The weather is definitely frustrating. We are at a stand still. I have found another job so will be starting that shortly. Then I will be working M-F so will only have weekends off and maybe sometime to do work in the evenings during the week. My cousin is retired which is kinda nice so we can work on it when we are both available and with him being retired we just have to work around my work schedule pretty much. :) I just need this snow to melt. We can't even get to the horse barn right now.

·
14,726 Posts
I am happy for you on the new job, I hope it works out great. I have been a stay at home mom for years, with a spring/fall seasonal job on the side (horse racing photography). I opted to go back to work just after Thanksgiving part time to help get things I want for the goats, and help hubby out a bit. I've been able to switch to using shavings which has been nice, and just ordered some hay feeders for the new barn. But overall it's just nice to have a paycheck every week again, I really missed that.

Our setup is such a mess right now as far as being organized. The new barn works great, but until we get the buck shelter winterized and redo the old barn, it is just hard trying to figure things out when we need to move goats around. Our 4 pregnant girls need to move into the kidding barn in about 2 1/2-3 weeks, so we have to move the other 4 moms and 10 babies out since they will not be quite ready to wean. Buck pen shelter was never finished - works great in the summer but too open for winter to keep the boys warm when they move in there.
Talking about a lot of snow next week :(

21 - 22 of 22 Posts