Reg. Kids that were bred by someone else

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by rebelshope, Sep 27, 2008.

1. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin
    I am so dizzy sometimes. I did not even think of this until now. I bought and paid for my two does. That are bred to two of the breeder's bucks.
    She gave me the papers on the does, but I just though tonight. . . what about the kids?
    Do I need some paper work from her because the doe were bred at her place by her bucks?
    Who is the breeder?
    would need at least the reg. numbers of the bucks right?

Both does are reg. AGS and ADGA.

2. heavenlyhaven

heavenlyhaven Senior Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Belmont, NY
    you need to send in the papers on the does and get them reg in your name
    then, when the babies are born and you are ready to reg them
    you need to send in the applications for them along with the buck memo for each doe
    (make photo copies of EVERYTHING and keep the copies and send the originals out)
    the kids can be reg with your herd/farm name as they were born on your property
    their papers will come back as bred by (previous owner of parents) and owned by you

3. capriola-nd

capriola-nd New Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Northwest Oregon
    That's all about right but unless she put the does in your name before breeding them, any kids will carry her herdname, not yours. That's how it goes. Whoever owns the doe at the time of breeding (even if she's breeding the doe for the new owner) any kids will be in their herdname. Example is the first doe I bought, Honey. I bought her and paid the extra money to have her bred. The gal didn't put her papers in my name, so all kids from that breeding (quads) were registered w/ her herdname. Hope that makes sense. . . .

But when you tattoo the kids, use your tattoo prefix.

4. Sybil

Sybil New Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Rainier, Oregon
    If the does were bred when you bought them..............to register them with ADGA they will carry the breeders herd name. If you bought the does and then took them back to be bred then they will carry your herd name if registered with ADGA. Make sure to make copies before sending the papers off......things do get lost from time to time!
    Sue

5. heathersboers

heathersboers New Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Wilson N.C.
    The kids will carry their herd prefix and then yours Like our kids- JBSF WOB (name her) if you tatoo her with your prefix.

6. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin
    She did not put down a date for the bill of sale.

7. heathersboers

heathersboers New Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Wilson N.C.
    You can back date it to before the does were bred and get them in your name- if she has already given you the service memo it will be fine-I would just tell her that you are going to do that, so nothing can come back on you-

8. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    This is for AGS

you need a service memo either way so find out when she wants the bill of sale to be dated as. Tell her you would like to have it so that you owned the does at the time of service so that the kids can be in your name. you would also then be the breeder.

Do you have a herd name registered with the registry? you need to do this

9. sparks879

sparks879 New Member

you will need the service memo as well.
    beth

10. rebelshope

rebelshope New Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Yeah she did not give me the service memo yet either. I don't know why she didn't just put down right away, the bill of sale for AGS had the service memo on the same piece of paper.

Thanks for the advice. I will get my membership and stuff started now and contact her about the service memos.