PEDIGREE:
SS: MCH Goodwood Weisbaden +*S 'E'
SIRE: Twin Creeks WB Hero of the Day *S
SD: Artists Eye Kaleidoscope *D

DS: Flat Rocks Virtuoso
DAM: DF Farms Crème Brulee
DD: DF Farms MG Pralinz-N-Cream

HOOK IS POLLED (Naturally hornless)

Let me tell you, Hook slaps some nice kids on the ground. Need to improve general appearance? Need to improve toplines and rumps? This is your boy. He doesn't do much for feet, so don't expect him to help on any does that toe out terribly. He adds a nice dairy touch to his kids with rib spacing and width throughout.

Hook did not come to us a lap dog, and no matter what we did, he just never warmed up much until his later years. He's calmer now and he likes to 'help out' when it comes to cleaning the pen. His kids have great personality, too, so I believe it was just him not being imprinted right from the get go.

Contrary to his junior picture, he isn't the porker that he looks like there; he's really become so, so nicely dairy. Good spring of rib, nice spacing, strong legs, awesome topline and wide in the rear. He's long in the body (something he likes to put on his kids too, depending on the doe). Just an all-around nice boy to add to your herd or to start out with. He's got some nice genetics and I saw his dam in person before I purchased him; she was an FF doe and I liked her udder. Very well attached, good teat placement and size. Fair capacity for a FF doe. Unfortunately I did not get pictures. I have retained one of his daughters and love her to bits. I am eager to see what he adds to mammaries. If he's still here by November, I'll be using him on one or two of my does again.

In-state buyers only, please (unless you plan to drive here and pick him up from out-of-state). Our transportation is limited at the moment.

Please email for details; I'm quite fast with response - Short messages are discarded as spam; please don't just email me with a phone number.

PRICE: $200.

Attachments

·
Registered
572 Posts
He is beautiful! Where are you located? I know of someone who is a dear friend who would love him.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry for the late reply! The alert hit my inbox just now :)

Located in Tonopah, AZ!

·
Registered
572 Posts
Do you have pictures from a rear view? Also do you have pics of his offspring and their udders?

Thanks

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Unfortunately no daughters in milk yet - I ALMOST would've had a daughter of his in milk by now. She was my favorite junior does, but she was crushed by one of my big girls a couple winters ago :[ I'll attach her pic (bad angle though, her head looks huge in it, LOL). Thus spurring me into separating the pasture between ages better... Loved that doe. Gorgeous topline, really wide in the back.

I hope to get a nice shaved picture of the daughter I currently have of his soon (Ladybird - her baby pic is on my website), I just need to get the blades sharpened. Otherwise there are lots of fuzzy kid pics I can share.

I thought I had some of him from the rear, but apparently I don't :( He can be hard to handle on a lead, so the one junior pic has been the go-to one for him. If your friend is in the area, she's welcome to come see him in person; I don't pressure sales, LOL. I need to get some copper into the stinker, as he's got a fish tail starting. Feel free to contact me via [email protected]

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts