Registered Boer goats in Delaware

Discussion in 'Goats For Sale' started by PixieDustHollow, Aug 22, 2010.

1. PixieDustHollow

PixieDustHollow New Member

Oct 4, 2007
    Delaware
    I've got 5 Boers for sale. I would prefer they went together, or atleast as pairs/trios.

[​IMG]
    Sassy- 97% 3 year old doe
    Shown above at 9 months or so

[​IMG]
    Chessie- 100% 3 year old doe
    Shown above at 9 months or so

Genny- 100% year old doe
    Has escaped my picture taking somehow....

[​IMG]
    Hanna- 10% year old doe
    Shown above at 3 months I think

[​IMG]
    Hudson- 98.5% year old wether(pet only, not for meat)
    Shown at 3 months or so, he now has freckles on his nose

Everyone is registered, UTD on shots/worming/feet and tame as dogs. Hudson would make a great pack goat- he's super sweet and loves to be right there next to you.

I am willing to sell all for $1000, or the 3 year olds for $350 each and the 1 year old does for $250 each. Hudson is free to the right home(aka, a forever home).

Please email me([email protected]) or call me @ (302)423-5549. My name is Aubrey. I live in central Delaware and I am willing to drive an hour or so with them in the back of the Jeep. If I can borrow a trailer, I am willing to drive longer.

I should have more current pictures up tomorrow or soon, today was really rainy.

2. barrel/goatgirl

barrel/goatgirl New Member

Aug 20, 2010
    How old is the wether? Wuld you be willing you sell him alone

3. PixieDustHollow

Oct 4, 2007
    Delaware
    He was born in Feb '09, so he's a year and a half. I am willing to sell him alone, however he is for a pet only.

4. Polarhug

Polarhug New Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Southcentral Alaska
    Curious... Lots of people say they will sell only for pets, but how do you know they don't butcher later? I mean there's really no way to keep them from killing them right?

5. PixieDustHollow

Oct 4, 2007
    Delaware
    I have a contract that I could send on him- it prohibits slaughter(as well as instructs on proper care/feeding/etc). If a person was found to violate that then they would have to suffer whatever consequence I put in the contract.

However, I really don't mind- he's a meat goat. It's the rest of my family that is bothered by it.

6. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    sorry but unless the contract is a full legal document any consequences you mention wont hold water in a court of law. The contract would need to have been drawn up by a lawyer.

7. Polarhug

Polarhug New Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Southcentral Alaska
    Even then how could you prove he was butchered? The purchasers could say they sold the goat. And what would the consequences be? It couldn't be repayment since they've already paid you for the goat and it is their property now.

I'm just playing devil's advocate :) So don't get mad!

I had a horse lease situation that went bad and my horse was nearly starved before I knew about it (I had moved back to Alaska and was boarding him through the winter in Oregon until I could trailer him to me in the spring). The leasor signed my numerous contracts drawn up by a paralegal and swore a blue streak he would take pristine care of him... but lied. I was never able to recoup the amount of abuse and damage he caused. Unless the animal stays in your care you have no idea what is happening, and not much recourse either.

8. Chi Chi

Chi Chi New Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Hudson is a cutie though!!! I hope you find him a forever home! I am very attached to our guy Chip as well as the rest of the family if we had to send him off I would hope for a forever home as well.

9. PixieDustHollow

Oct 4, 2007
    Delaware
    It is. :)

Seeing as this is a sales thread, can we please keep it to the point?

10. PixieDustHollow

Oct 4, 2007
    Delaware
  11. Chi Chi

Chi Chi New Member

Mar 7, 2010
    Congrats!!! I am happy for both you and Hudson. :clap:

12. liz

liz Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA