Registered Lamancha Doeling--MI SOLD!

Discussion in 'Goats For Sale' started by FunnyRiverFarm, Oct 6, 2010.

1. FunnyRiverFarm

FunnyRiverFarm New Member

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI
    As hard as it is, I have decided to offer my darling little Hornsby for sale. I changed my management philosophy this year so Hornsby is naturally raised--no vaccines, no preventative meds. She's a strong, active, and healthy little girl...and a good size--should be ready for a late fall breeding. She is dam-raise but TAME and easy to handle. Loves to be petted and will climb all over you if you let her! Her mother has turned out to be a wonderful milking doe and I expect Hornsby to do the same.

I am only asking $150 but will sell to TGS member for $125. Heck of a deal for someone looking for a nice family milking doe!

D.O.B 3/22/10
    Pedigree: http://www.adgagenetics.org/GoatDetail.aspx?RegNumber=L001534804

Sorry she is not set up in the photo...I do not show and quite frankly don't know how to get my goaties to stand pretty. I can get more photos for anyone that is interested
    [​IMG]

Mother's FF udder:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. peggy

peggy Senior Member

Aug 10, 2010
    B.C. Canada
    Re: Registered Lamancha Doeling--MI

OOOOOHHHHH!!!! What a pretty girl. I never find quality goats at those prices here in my area......

3. VickiH

VickiH New Member

Sep 24, 2010
    Ohio

I think she's one of the prettiest LaManchas I've seen :love: I'd snap her up if I had room for a full size!

4. tracyqh

tracyqh New Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Ohio

You really have no idea how close I am to making a road trip..... :chin:

5. goatiegurl*Oh

goatiegurl*Oh Senior Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Ohio

Pretty girl and she has some of my favorite lines. Do you know about how far it would be from NE Ohio?

6. FunnyRiverFarm

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI

How far east are you? I live only about 10-15 miles north of the MI/OH line. Probably a bit more than 1 hour west of Toledo.

7. goatiegurl*Oh

Nov 10, 2007
    Ohio

I'm about 2 1/2 hours east of Columbus

8. FunnyRiverFarm

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI

Hmmm that's probably about 6 hours, I would guess...so kind of far

9. goatiegurl*Oh

Nov 10, 2007
    Ohio

Yeah, that's a bit to much of a drive for me. I'd like to find a doe from this year though for 4-H next year

10. peggy

peggy Senior Member

Aug 10, 2010
    B.C. Canada

Boy, six hours on a smooth highway. I'd do that in a minute. It is a 4 hour drive for me to get to the nearest center to shop. And part of that is gravel logging roads. You guys don't know how lucky you are......lol....

11. FunnyRiverFarm

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI

Wow, Peggy, I guess we are lucky! :shocked: And I thought 20 miles to get to the store was far! I bet you've got a lot of privacy though, LOL ;)

I do know what you're talking about, though...we went bird hunting in northern Canada in these massive logging clear cuts that were like 30 x 40 mile chunks of land nothing with but 2 track logging roads. It's hard to picture things like that around here!

12. peggy

peggy Senior Member

Aug 10, 2010
    B.C. Canada

Yep, lots of privacy but it can get a little nerve racking facing down a logging truck on these little back roads. I have lived here off and on for 30 years but keep coming back to the bush country. I always say it is as close to being free in this day and age as you can get. I always say.....everything is a trade off.

13. peggy

peggy Senior Member

Aug 10, 2010
    B.C. Canada

Oh, one other thing I forgot to mention which is a big minus for living here......no one around to help out if you ever need an extra hand for milking or looking after your animals in a pinch. Oh well..that's life.

14. Lawanda

Lawanda New Member

Jun 11, 2009
    West Virginia

Oh how I would love to come and get Hornsby right now. Why, oh WHY can't I have the means at the moment?? She is adorable and I hope you have good luck selling her! Or not, and then next year when I am ready for a Lamancha, I could buy her ;)

15. FunnyRiverFarm

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI

You have no idea how much I wish you could...LOL! ;)

Oh, you would love her. I wish I could keep her...but I really do not need 5 does right now! Man, how they multiply! :)

16. tracyqh

tracyqh New Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Ohio

I'm still thinking about it. The Quarter Horse Congress is in town and I'm searching my Michigan friends for a ride for a goat!

17. FunnyRiverFarm

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI

ATTENTION OHIO FOLKS: Just found out that we will be going to a funeral in PA. We are leaving tomorrow (SAT) and will be driving through OHIO on 80. We could take Hornsby with us if either of you would like to meet somewhere along the way. I will pm both of you this info as well since this is such short notice.

18. Mon Reve Farm

Mon Reve Farm New Member

Jun 25, 2010
    Southern DE

She is BEAUTIFUL! How far into PA are you planning to drive?

We drove 3 hours each way this past Sunday to get my new Silkie Chickens and in the spring drove all the way out to South of Akron to get my NDDG buckling - Buckeye. LOL

19. FunnyRiverFarm

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI

We're going to be in Indiana, PA for the funeral. I think it is more on the western side of the state but I have not looked at the map yet

20. FunnyRiverFarm

Sep 13, 2008
    Hudson, MI

Yeah, it's in western PA...about 60 miles east of Pittsburg