Registering kids with AGS

Discussion in 'Show Circuit' started by StaceyRosado, Jan 6, 2008.

1. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I am e-mailing AGS as well as asking you all, thought you might be faster replyers.

I need some help here.

I bought Sweet Pea back in August and still have not transfered her over to my name (busy and lack of money at the time). She was bred on December 3rd.

Can the kids still be registered in my name?

The lady who has the buck was confused on that area and has made me nervous about it. I thought that if you had the transfer dated before the breeding date you could have the kids registered in your name.

Please let me know if this is true or incorrect.

Thank you

2. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    yes, I believe that you can, but you will need to get her transfered before the babies are born. Then you will need the stud paper signed by the owner of the buck saying when she was serviced. Make sure though that on the transfer that it has the date when you got her!!

3. Tera

Tera New Member

Dec 20, 2007
    near Texarkana, TX
    I have the same problem with a buck that I bought, but I was told by someone who has worked for and registered with AGS for over 15 years that as long as the transfer is dated before it is okay.

4. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    thank you both! I will get this done THIS MONTH.

I need to register my herd name as well.

so I will do it all at once.

5. liz

liz Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Shelocta PA
    Stacey, it is a bit cheaper to be a member first and like everyone has said as long as the "papers" are dated correctly you should have no problem with registering the kids.

6. StaceyRosado

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I have been waiting to get the money - I need 52.00 to get everything and well I think I have it now :D

Thanks liz