registering nd's

Discussion in 'Goat Frenzy' started by AlaskaBoers, Sep 24, 2008.

1. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
    hi,'
    is it possible to register two nd does , that dont have any papers, and register the kids? or do you have to start out with reg stock?

2. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    Unfortunatly you cant not register them unless their parents were registered.

3. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
    How do you double register? My two does are registered in ADGA, and i would like them registered with AGS as well. Can someone give me pointers?

4. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    Is all you have to do is make copies of their ADGA paperwork, print off and fill out the AGS paperwork from their website, and mail in with payment.

You will want to become a member at the same time with AGS, if you are not already so that you can get a herd name with AGS and Tattoo. It will save you alot of money in the long run!

5. StaceyRosado

StaceyRosado Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2007
    NJ
    I dont think you can register ADGA goats with AGS. But I do know you can register AGS goats with ADGA. :shrug:

6. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    What kelebek said. A photo copy of the ADGA registration sent in with a AGS registration application filled out. If you know the number born then the AGS likes that. Send those in with the normal registration fee.

7. Sonrise Farm

Sonrise Farm New Member

Sep 18, 2008
    Southwick, Idaho
  8. KW Farms

KW Farms Moderator Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Wapato, WA
    Unfortunately you won't be able to register them without registered parents.

Stacey I think you might have it backwards. You can copy ADGA reg. papers and send to AGS to double reg., but I don't think ADGA allows you to copy AGS papers to double reg....or maybe they do? I just know AGS allows it.

9. kelebek

kelebek New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    South Texas
    When I was going to bring in the 7 goats that ended up having CAE, Some were registered AGS some ADGA, and I contacted both to ask to see what I had to do for dual registration, and both said, just the copies of the paperwork and pay the fees :wink:

10. RunAround

RunAround New Member

Feb 17, 2008
    Massachusetts
    ADGA needs the actual AGS registration.

11. AlaskaBoers

AlaskaBoers New Member

May 6, 2008
    Wasilla Alaska
  12. bigoakfarm

bigoakfarm New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Kentucky
    You can triple register them if you want to go that route with NDGA off those AGS papers, as well. It might be better for you in the long run to go ahead and get that herd name and tattoo sequence with all three registries just to make it easier on you when you go to sell kids. If you have your breeding stock triple registered and your herd name and tattoo reserved with all three registries, then you can sell your kids with applications for all three registries and allow the buyer to chose how they want that kid registered for themselves. It does make a small difference in the kid prices to have them triple registered.

Kristen