The Goat Spot Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My F6 Mini-Nubian was bred to my ND sire, both registered purebreds. I'm not finding MDGA's Reg App very intuitive and have a couple questions that I'm sure you can answer faster than the registrars at this point!

Are the kids F1 Experimental?

Then, they want to know if he complies to breed standards... as an Experimental? I'm not sure if they are asking if he complies to Mini-Nubian standards or his grading standards (dished face, no pendulous ears...obviously not MN standards)

On ear characterization, they aren't quite airplane, as they do drop at the ends, is this a 2/3 drop? Still airplane?

THANKS!

Attachments

·
Registered
Capriculturalist and Goat Slave
1,884 Posts
He is F1 Experimental. His ears will raise as he ages so I would put airplane. 2/3 drop is more, I have one that has 2/3 drop, her ears are like Nubians but way shorter and lots of control. And no to breed character, it is Mini-Nubian character. Because you can breed a mini buck to a standard Nubian and have instant breed character (usually).

They will ask for a copy of the sire's papers since he was a foundation animal as well.

·
Registered
Capriculturalist and Goat Slave
1,884 Posts
You can choose 2/3, they will change it if they think otherwise. That's why they ask for current photos from different angles.

If you don't meet breed standard at 3rd generation, or like you have a 6th gen that has airplane ears (it happens) they will not be allowed purebred status. So sometimes you might see an F6 that is experimental. Also, you have to be 70% or under of either Nigerian or Nubian by the time you hit 3rd gen. So they can drop certain generations to the experimental or american herdbooks even if they are higher gen. There are other reasons too that I forget.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I deleted the other thread since it is against the rules to have more than one thread on the same subject.
Thanks, Karen! That's some pretty effective moderating! i was confused as I was hopping back and forth, cutting and pasting, and suddenly couldn't find it. Is there a more direct way to move a post? I realized afterward that Mini Mania seemed a better place for it with the specific MDGA questions but got an answer here quickly, so I reversed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts