The Goat Spot Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
8,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ordered from them? I did in Jan. He said they were out of one item and he would hold the shipment until it came in. It was an antibiotic that needed to be kept cold. (for pasteurella). Anyway, I didn't hear anything, so I cancelled the order in May.

When I came back to work after my mother's funeral in July, I found a package for me from Registers- containing the pasteurella vaccine, (I always have stuff shipped to work, we get a UPS shipment almost daily- usually it works out well) a test for ketones and some other kidding related stuff! (Kidding had already occured in May!).

Anyway, there was nothing on the box to indicate it needed refrigeration, the temps had been in the 90ºs and so of course, the medication was ruined. $35 down the toilet.

I emailed them what had happened, said I didn't blame them, but would they please reorder for me and put a label stating it needed refrigeration. I figured if they sent it once, they could again.

Now, it was a cancelled order, but they never responded to emails or phone calls, and sent it anyway, charging my credit card. (back in May, which I didn't realize).

Has anyone else dealt with them? Maybe this was an anomaly?

They do carry a neat milking system that I am saving up for, but if this is the norm, I sure won't spend that kind of money with them.

Thanks for any insight!

·
Banned
5,944 Posts
I've never heard of them, either. I would fight the charges since you cancelled the order back in May and they didn't ship until July. No reputable company ships an order that has been cancelled.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
He's an older man and I believe I was told he has dementia but I'm not for sure. He used to set up a tent and sell stuff at some of circuit shows but he hasn't been in a couple years.

I have ordered clipper blades from him however the last timemy account was never charged and they were never sent. That was over 8 months ago.I can't seem to get a return phone call or email.

·
8,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is too bad if he is ill. Dementia is a terrible thing to have.
I wasn't mad, just kind of bummed that I threw away the money.
Well, there are plenty of other places to order from!

·
Super Moderator
58,899 Posts
I like PBS Livestock and they are right in Ohio. You get next day service if you order before 3pm and free shipping over $75. You can even drive to one of their stores. I have been using them for 16 years.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
i use jeffers and really like their service. i have an account with VetServ, also which is great because you can get alot of Rx stuff there.

·
8,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I like PBS Livestock and they are right in Ohio. You get next day service if you order before 3pm and free shipping over $75. You can even drive to one of their stores. I have been using them for 16 years.
Thanks! I have never heard of them! But their website looks good! I certainly will add them to my list! Jeffers, Vetservusa, Hoegger's! Another place I can spend money! DH will just groan....

·
8,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ksalvagno, Last Sat. I got 2 super nice Alpine does in Mansfield, OH! The one doeling, I picked up at 9:30 am- the other I couldn't pickup until
3:30. (The owner was out of town.) So in order to kill time, my daughter, the doeling and I, went to PBS in Wooster! What a neat store!
I got all kinds of stuff! Spent way too much money! Fortunately the other owner called to let me know she was on her way home, otherwise I would
have spent even more money! And. I got a business card of someone that sharpens electric clipper blades! That alone was worth the trip!

The doeling was fine in my truck cap- lots of straw, we kept watering her and she seemed to like looking out the windows!

Thanks for telling me about PBS- most of their prices are close to the Jeffer's price. Very nice people there, too.

·
Super Moderator
58,899 Posts
Cool! Yes, the store has tons of stuff. I have never had an unfriendly or unhelpful person from there wait on me or take an order over the phone.

Most of my dealings have been over the phone but I have been to the store a few times.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello to everyone! I was reading the post about Registers Sheep and Goat Supply and wanted to inform everyone that we purchased this business from Furney Register about 6 weeks ago and have moved it to our location in Shelby, N.C. My wife has made this her fulltime challenge and is there everyday from 8:00 until 5:30. Furney decided to retire as it was becoming too much for him to keep up with. We have been raising goats for about 15 years and my wife has 15 years of customer service experience. We have already expanded our product lines and we have been updating the website and have a new website under construction. We also have a new facebook page and we have an ad coming out in the November Goat Rancher with several gran opening specials for the month of November. I would like to ask everyone reading this to give us a chance and you have my personal guarantee that we will give you excellent customer service, fast delivery and the lowest prices possible. My name is Brian and my wife's name is Rhonda and we look forward to hearing from you. Please visit our website at www.estepsheepandgoatsupply.com email us at [email protected] or call us at our toll free # 855-244-2182

·
8,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I wish I had known this! (that Register's was sold). I was really interested in the milker, but I went with a different one, and not real happy with it! But I sure
can't afford to buy another system! Darn!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts